General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Work with what i have or swap?

Old 07-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Default RE: Work with what i have or swap?

ORIGINAL: billyanemeth

thank you everyone for your feedback!! this will help me out alot....im not going to cut any corners on this car....im debating on going to looks first than performance or performance first than looks.....but with the gas prices going up im leaning towards looks first....heres a list that i want to do to my car....tell me what you think....

White 2000 Honda Civic EX:
Type-R Lip Kit (all around)
JDM Fog Lights (yellow)
Carbon Fiber Hood
Carbon Fiber Truck
JDM Smoked Headlights
Coilovers
JDM 16" Gold Rims
and of-course I/H/E
Thats a good way to start modding ur civic after u get all of those part, ur civic will look good and run much better, u might not even want to do anythign else to it after u install those part hehe.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:15 PM
HCF Member

smoked headlights will decrease the light. they look ok but, if you do that get PIAA high beams - xtreme white, low beams - star white

Old 07-10-2007, 05:27 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

if you want to make it fast why not do performance first? thats my mistake i made was i did looks first and not performance. if i would have done performance first i would have a hell of a car right now. but thats how everyone learns. if you want some quick horsepower then look into getting a turbo kit for the d series.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: aryiman98civic

if you want to make it fast why not do performance first? thats my mistake i made was i did looks first and not performance. if i would have done performance first i would have a hell of a car right now. but thats how everyone learns. if you want some quick horsepower then look into getting a turbo kit for the d series.
thats the situation im in....i was to do performance but hows the gas MPG?!?!? cause i love the gas milliage that im getting right now thats why i want to go for looks first than when i start makingmore money i want to do performancefor it but if the gas millage is about the same on performance than im going to do that first.....and thanks koshak for the imput on the headlights!! im really open right now with what everyone thinks about my set-up so anyone out there that has a suggestion please feel free to say something....

Old 07-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member

if its tuned good there isnt a reason you shouldnt still get 35+ mpg if you can keep your foot out of it. with my boosted D i was still getting 38 on a crapy tune boosting every now and again