HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Addiction2bass truck project thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:23 PM
HCF Member

This is a nice looking truck I like how it looks lowered down and the subs under the seat are really nice. I may do something similar for a winter truck/larger vehicle now except I may need 4*4 for the snow but I would still like to lower it. Very cool project so far!

Old 08-25-2009, 01:40 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya winter might suck BUT i think ill be alright.
if it snows to bad ill just have to call into work and tell them i have to wait until they plow before i can get to work.LOL but i think i have enough clearance for most snow.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i got a little bit more work done now.
i took the high power alternator off and took it into the alternator shop because it kept jumping around voltage from 13/8-15.8 volts..... it was making my dash lights get really bright... well the next day he calls me saying there is nothing wrong with my alternator. so i get home swap the overdrive pulley back on it and put it back on the truck and now it charges 14.0-14.5volts.... needless to say i think that guy screwed up and just didnt tighten something down on the insides or something since now it works fine.... not as solid as i would have liked but its close enough for me with everything cranked up on high.
i also found out from a friend that the old guy that started the alternator shop died so i guess it went to his other 2 younger guys and they are running the shop now.
the old guy was definatly alot more friendly and tested out everything he build right infront of you! this guy doesnt.

but onto other work i got the viair dual needle gauge and 2 paddle switches hooked up to my air helper bags and it helps out SO MUCH when adjusting the PSI! now its a simple push up to inflate down to deflate im very happy with it!!!
tho i still have to fabricate up a panel to mount the gauge and switches in... but i dont know where i want to mount them just yet...
im thinking about going all out and put em inside the truck, or just put them in the trucks bed.
and i also checked and i get about 3inches of lift from 0-80psi. id rather not take it any higher than that since 100psi is the max for the bags.

and today i just bought new front brakes, hub/rotors, bearings, seals, and brake pads also. all good quality parts NAPA autoparts. cheap hub/rotors only about 60bucks each, good quality hub/rotors 125bucks each BUT i plan on keeping the truck for along time so i went with the best stuff. and a good set of napa ceramic brake pads. nothing to special. but its what he recommended. ill be replacing my warped rotors and brakes tomorrow morning. IM REALLY TIRES of these warped brakes!!!! so i finally bought the parts. freaken 320bucks for the parts but dont want to skimp out when it comes to brakes. hopefully everything goes smoothly tomorrow morning! i will be so happy when my brakes dont shake or squealing anymore! it sucks so bad! when stoping with some speed it shakes the wheel and pedal alot. and at slow crawl stoping like the last few feet when stoping or crawling thru the drive thrus it squealing like a pig really loud!

i was going to get a civic project this winter to work on BUT the more i think about it the less i think i will actually get a civic this year... so that kinda sucks but ill be able to get more done to the truck!

o ya one last thing i just bought on ebay.... big rig air horn... yes i wanted a train horn for the truck BUT i figured alot of people do train horns so i wanted to be alittle different so went with one horn for now... and if its not loud enough ill get a second one!

heres what it should about sound like... alittle different but still enough to get your attention if you cut me off on the road. hehehee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RK3j...layer_embedded
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Old 09-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well today finally got rid of my warped brakes up front. still has a tiny bit of shake but very minor from the rear. still have yet to do the rear. maybe next payday.
Name:  truckbrakes-06.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  44.2 KB
Name:  truckbrakes-07.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  92.8 KB
Name:  truckbrakes-08.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  66.4 KB
Name:  truckbrakes-09.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  83.4 KB

also found out where my wheels have been rubbing every now and then on a hard dip. all nice and shiny
Name:  truckbrakes-04.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  98.5 KB
Name:  truckbrakes-03.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  104.9 KB
Name:  truckbrakes-01.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  87.3 KB

it doesnt rub that often and my tires do not show any wear rubing spots... so im not sure if i want to try and hammer the steel upwards or just leave it as is..
i think it will be alright but i might have to remove 2 of those bolts in the rub areas....
but no more shaking warped brake feel! still has alittle bit of noise at slow speed stoping/crawling. i think its because the brake pads metal parts are rubbing on the caliper from built up of brake dust so it might go away but if it doesnt ill pull em off and clean the calipers fully and grease it in those areas.... ill give it afew days till my next day off and then ill pull em off to clean them if its still making any noise at all.

and today i scored some nice double/sliding sun visors for my truck from a van same color and all so its a easy swap i just have to run the wires and put one screw in the end since my visors only have the outter mount.
should be alot nicer with mirrors in both visors plus lights and also the double visor and slide part in the one visor. should turn out great! WAY BETTER THAN MY CURRENT STOCK ONES! they are just not big enough all the time to block the sun.
also cut out a piece of the headliner that matches my trucks interior which is hard to match since they only had this shade of tan for freaken 2years

Last edited by addiction2bass; 09-04-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well playing around the junk yard again and scored me another set of these chrome wheels so im hoping for some good profit again from selling em. i got fingers crossed! they arent as good of tires or center caps as my last set but actual wheels shined up GREAT!

but the real reason for a BUMP. todays my birthday and i gave myself my own present this air horn. i got it in the mail today. i thought the airline was the same as my helper bags BUT its not so i have to buy some more adapters for the larger air line from my tank and also some better air line for my helper bags. the cheap hose i bought from lowes is WELL CHEAP and ive had it blow out twice already on my paddle switches. those barb fittings are to ruff on the cheap hose and cause them to split at the end.
going to go to a semi truck shop and buy some GOOD air line for them!

heres two quick videos i took.

and thats with just 80PSI... more PSI should make it louder! and my air tank holds 150psi so i should get some NICE BLASTS!!!!
tomorrow i take on the task of WHERE to mount this sucker. and im just going to hook it up to the stock horn wires for ease of instal and wiring!. i cant wait till someone tries to cut me off on the road once i get this sucker hooked up!
im happy that i went with this horn instead of the typical train horn most people put on trucks.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

those sound good, better than those train horn IMO, cant wait to cut you off to hear those suckers. lol, just kidding

Old 09-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Recognized HCF Member

and its just one horn i would have liked to have duals BUT i think one will be enough for now.... and one fits PERFECT right behind the bumper between the frame rails! i have it all mounted up on a cross brace i made and have the air line all ran from horn to the air tank BUT now i have to go buy some fittings and adapters to hook up the large air line going to it. my dad had some old air hose line laying around which i hope is good enough to hold a 150psi! ill find out later tonight when i get back from dinner and get those adapters i need to finish plumbing the system. tho i do need to do one last thing which is wire up a ignition wire to my air compressor to prevent my battery from getting drained if i do get a air leak or hose bust over night since im not sure about the condition of the air line im using for now. i might have to replace it eventually.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well not much work done lately. ive been buying some things from my local pullapart and selling them for profit and well now my profits are going towards my new tv payments.
just sold my truck bench seat that i paid 25bucks for and i sold it for 120bucks and hopefully friday this guy is coming back to buy my extra wheels for 180bucks that i paid 80bucks for.
my new tv cost 2K bucks so all my profit is going towards it. gotta pay it off in 12months so i dont get hit hard with interest charges!
but this tv RULES!!!!!!!! 65inch Mitsubishi HD tv. beats the hell outta my old 60inch fatty tv!

which im hoping to sell the tv. only asking 250bucks for it. but so far no takers. my friend wants it BUT i told her no way in hell im hauling it up 3tiny flats of stairs to her apartment.LOL

now i wish i bought the larger fridgerator/freezer afew months ago

only thing i have done was i had the rear drums turned and replaced the brake pads and springs with new parts from napa and my squaling went away completly which is odd since the old pads looked pretty new! they must have been cooked and just to hard since the new pads got rid of all my noises!

and i do have the air semi horn installed on the truck which sounds good. already scared the crap outta several stupid people on the road trying to cut me off or them just driving really stupid. i love it!
i did have one problem with my compressor tho last week. my pressure switch went bad and kept my compressor running all the time. 30bucks for a new pressure switch so now its fixed kicks the compressor on at 90psi and off at 130psi. for a while i had to just flip the switch off to air it up and keep it from constantly running.
ive also been having problems with my air line spliting on the paddle switches on my helper bags but i switched to some DOT line that i bought from a sem truck shop just from my T adaptor to the paddle switches barb connections and so far 2weeks and no splits. so thats good! i still have a tiny leak somewhere on my one helper bag. i just havent had time to find it yet. it only leaks about 5psi every 2 days which is very hard to find. ill probably have to remove every fitting and retape them and replace all the air line with the DOT air line. only downfall is that freaken hose is green so its ugly
32cents a foot to.... sucks but its ahell of alot better than this cheap @ss air line i have from lowes.... its fine for push to connect fittings but for barb fittings it splits to easily.

also sold my koni struts from my old civic on ebay but only got 250bucks for em after shipping so that sucks... was hoping to get 300 but o well. gotta put the money down towards my new tv to get it paid off faster.

still going to rebuild my bass system this winter and hopefully install this dang locker rear end in my truck also. ive just been to lazy to swap it out. i just need to feel like working on the truck on my weekend off work. and get some new brake cylinders for the rear since i have to bleed the system anyways to remove and replace the rear end

Last edited by addiction2bass; 09-29-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

sounds like this pull a part businesses is doing good for you. but wow that is a nice tv, how much did you pick it up for?

btw you have facebook? can i add you?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya sure http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...2884283&ref=nf

i paid 2K bucks total for the tv, stand, and 5year warrenty from HHgreg. pretty good deal IMO since best buy wanted 2K just for the tv and nothing extra. ive been wanting to upgrade to a nice HD tv for along time now! and i seen the sale in the sunday paper last week and thought WHAT THE HELL... ill go file for credit whats the worst they could say NO your not approved.LOL
well i got approved and had em load the tv and everything up in my truck within the hour.
so far im very happy with the tv!!!!!!! thing is very sharp. my old tv has the bottom 6inches or so that seems to have the color not aligned so kinda hard to read some subtitles which makes it hard for some video games. HD gaming is so much better!

pullaparts been working pretty good for me as long as i can sit on the parts for about a month. its not always a money maker since sometimes theres just nothing good to buy and make money off of. but i try. tho i am getting tired of going every day or 2 so i am slowing down. just going twice a week at most.
last time i went to pullapart i pulled some fender flares off a truck and right after i took em all off some guy comes up and says dang you beat me to em... came back about 5 mins later and offered me 20bucks for em... i said well 40 and you can have em. and he said he only had 30bucks cash so i said o OK hell i didnt even pay for the parts and already made 30bucks.LOL

Quick Reply: Addiction2bass truck project thread