HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Addiction2bass's Repair and Upgrade Project Civic 96DX

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 PM
HCF Member

Nice 15 you got.

I'm wanting to upgrade to a single 15 here pretty soon.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya a single 15 is a pretty good single sub setup. ya just have to be sure it will fit!

and well FINALLY my center taillights came in the mail, so i sanded off the tint off my old taillights and slapped them on the car!
BEFORE
Name:  f2cb6c1a.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  127.3 KB

AFTER

Name:  cffdb14b.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  100.7 KB
Name:  ca8a6119.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  104.0 KB

looks SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!! but i still need to get some fine rubbing compound to buff the taillight lenses shiny again. the 2K grit sandpaper did leave them alittle cloudy up close.

now when ever it cools off enough again outside ill remove that stupid pin striping off the car... and i might have to take the trunk lid off and clean it somehow... i dont know WTF is in the lid but its a nasty yellow mess!!!!

Name:  d6eb5584.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  26.3 KB

Old 09-02-2008, 09:12 AM
HCF Member

I've always liked performance over looks, go with the swap... Guess what, you cant even see the front bumper when driving!

Old 09-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i could do alot of performance if i wanted to BUT im not looking to really race the car or burn rubber all the time. ive grown up past that stage of smoking the tires and racing people all the time! i got really tired of all the tickets and abuse the car was taking!!!!!
tires/insurance/tickets WHERE TO MUCH FOR ME TO KEEP PAYING FOR!

only reason i got a honda for was the killer MPG and reliability
ive thought about doing a DOHC swap BUT thats a large chunk of change for my pocket book that i dont want to really spend! hell ive got like around 1K-1.5K bucks into this car so far. id double that price in the car if i did a motor swap.LOL

main thing im doing with the car is geting it close to stock with afew upgrades of course and then ill build off it anything else i decide to do!
im thinking of a color change to a gunmetal paint but not quite sure yet.... still deciding on if i want to go thru all the hassle of all the jams and engine bay for a mostly complete color change.... i dont like to half @ss the job BUT i wont be taking the car fully apart only trim pieces and carpet layed back enough to make it look like the car has stock paint. i hate cars with different color door jams!!!!!

next thing to be fixed on the car is the AC! parts are hopefully in the mail today! and next week ill have it recharged....
and i also ordered a cheapie short shifter... i dont throw the gears hard so it will hopefully hold up!
for some reason sometimes when going into reverse the shifter doesnt want to go back all the way so im hoping the short shifter will compensate and make it a smooth shift into reverse...

Old 09-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well a slight update.... i got the brake fluid leak fixed- it was just a simple loose hose conection on the front passenger caliper, covered by axle grease making it hard to find. just tightened the line alittle bit and its fixed now.

also i got my AC parts mostly except the new dryer which is either 80-105bucks from honda. he says their are 2 kinds so ill have to remove mine and compare the two next week or week after, depends on paycheck and this new job im trying to get
i got a interview tuesday afternoon 2:30pm for brownsburg city street service. pay is great and from what i hear so is the job and health and retirement so i got my fingers crossed hard for the next few days hoping i get this new job so i can quite my weak @ss job...

and well i also got my new short shifter/****/boot. ebay weak @ss stuff but so far works great, feels great, looks better. but i think its odd how only 3 of the stitches are red... odd
tho i must say its gonna take me awhile to get used to it tho. im used to the long throw so i gotta get used to a short shifter again.LOL also i hate the shift ****! but it was a combo action for all 3 for only like 35bucks. and i think the shifter is plastic just chrome plated.LOL so needless to say i have the stocker and tools in the car JUST INCASE i do snap that sucker... or ill just slide it in second gear and snail pace it home
and well if it breaks THEN ill update to skunk2 good stuff. eventualy i do want a weighted skunk2 shift **** tho.

well again enough chat. heres some pics.

Name:  5101b8c8.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  104.2 KB

Name:  a167636b.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  77.1 KB

Name:  cb6bb743.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  50.3 KB

Name:  2dfd15dc.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  65.2 KB
Name:  f992a3aa.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  86.0 KB

but hey..... ya get what you pay for

i might cut up the cheapie boot and make my own outta this tweed material i bought for my headliner that im gonna eventualy recover. i dont care for the red stitching but i do like the suede.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:57 PM

Slightly OT, but have you seen the guy who made a shift boot out of a Crown Royal bag?

Old 09-06-2008, 08:17 PM

in the future, i'd recommend these shift boots:
http://lightningautocustoms.com/Civic1996-2000.htm

the synthetic leather is amazing and the stitching is top quality. i could have sworn they sent me real leather but my friend showed me the difference

they also have A matching e-brake boot.
PM me (so i'll get the message for sure) if you want me to take pics of mine if you're interested in them

Old 09-06-2008, 08:32 PM
HCF Member

awesome progress man.... it looks like you bought that thing from mexico city... thank god you got rid of those hideous lights hahah... its looking awesome though man.... i gotta take some pictures of my little girl tomrrow

Old 09-06-2008, 08:33 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by itinerant
Slightly OT, but have you seen the guy who made a shift boot out of a Crown Royal bag?
thats a pretty awesome idea.... but i personally woudln't go with the gold and purple lol

Old 09-06-2008, 08:37 PM
HCF Member

This place makes really good leather shift boots and their not very expensive:
http://www.redlinegoods.com/

I have the shift boot and the ebrake boot and they look great and fit very well too.

and I think thats the exact same shifter that I have. I got it in the package with the shifter and the ****. But the **** sucked so I just used my stock one.

Quick Reply: Addiction2bass's Repair and Upgrade Project Civic 96DX