HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Addiction2bass's Repair and Upgrade Project Civic 96DX

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:26 AM
HCF Member

Effin clean adicition EFFIN CLEAN lol

once you paint those trim peices your car is set lol until the main paint job of course... but dam that came out niice and heaadlights look much better with a solid front end color haha

Edit lol : and dam i know that tint is illegal haha what tint you got on there?

Old 06-16-2009, 11:27 AM

Is that just the silver and no clear?

Old 06-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL ya the silver i painted it with is a metalic. not sure if the stock silver is metalic or not, but the car has been repainted before so im not even sure if that silver is the right stock color or not... main reason why i didnt just buy stock silver paint when i first replaced the front end.

o ya and i do plan on painting the lower grill black and geting some fog lights also for the car. i tried to strip the paint off the grill part but it wouldnt all come off so i just said screw it ill just paint it for now and after the paint is dry enough ill tape it off and spray a flat black paint in there.
i do like the looks of it alot better than primer.LOL but its just not as bad. not good yet.
maybe next month ill start busting my @ss and start the body work and cleaning it all down for paint.

i also have a 99-00 rear bumper as well ill be swapping on the car. but right now its black and i really dont feel like painting it! so the stock 96-98bumper will do.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Effin clean adicition EFFIN CLEAN lol

once you paint those trim peices your car is set lol until the main paint job of course... but dam that came out niice and heaadlights look much better with a solid front end color haha

Edit lol : and dam i know that tint is illegal haha what tint you got on there?

o trust me its just the dark weather. that tint is very lame and light! i want it to be all stripped and tinted 35%front windshield, 15-20% on side front windows, and 5% on the side back windows and the rear window.
right now i think its only 20% on the windows but no tint on the drivers window. it was from wisconsin and i believe thats legal with the drivers window now tinted any

and its silver and cleared rattle can job.

but the headlights look alot better alone seeing how they care good black headlights other than my old homemade/ painted black headlights i had on it. but no one wants the old headlights since shipping is freaken about 30-35bucks which isnt worth it IMO in there condition. i figure ill just put them locally on craigs and see if anyone wants em for 5bucks.lol

thanks for the complements guys. shes getting better looking little by little..... id paint the trim pieces today BUT it keeps raining on and off so cannt really do much. i dont want to fume up the garage or shop with paint fumes.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well did a QUICK paint on the trim pieces. defintly not pretty. im going to completly strip them when i do the full job so i just did a quick scuff and shoot only on the worst spots....
BEFORE
Name:  DSC00053-1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  151.8 KB

AFTER
Name:  DSC000532.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  133.9 KB
Name:  DSC000512-1.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  127.2 KB

the drivers side was the worst for sure! beter temp job since i had some paint and clear left over. id like to do the wheels also but i have to buy more primer and im to broke. so no paint on the wheels for 2weeks.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:45 PM

It looks like a car again! Doesn't it make you proud somewhere deep down to know that you took that thing from crappy totalled rice mobile to NICE again?

Old 06-17-2009, 02:48 PM

Good looking paint job...as always!

Old 06-17-2009, 02:52 PM

10x better.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o ya. a few friends said its a beater and not worth 3K but i keep telling them its just cosmetics and not that bad really. its still pretty low milage with only about 80K miles.

but it will feel EVEN BETTER AFTER i do the whole paint job color change!!!!
after i paint it ill defiantly be keeping the civic!!!! i have the high build primer already, the light body putty to fill what hail spots i need to fill. but first ill try the DRYICE trick and see if it works! i figure even if it helps JUST ALITTLE BIT. its worth it to use less bondo!!!!!
i just need the gunmetal paint and clear and then ill start the real work. stripping the cars going to suck really bad but it will be well worth the effort for the complete job! after thats done ill be nuttin in my pants and hopefully so will others
then its new ground controls for my konis and some SI wheels and tires. and then it will be golden for me.
just because im happy with the stock drivetrain.

then the only trick i might pull out my butt is the suicide doors. no idea when ill do that.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:36 PM
HCF Member

get some pics up of your dam painted steelies!! haha seen it on the "what i did to my civic today" thread :P

Quick Reply: Addiction2bass's Repair and Upgrade Project Civic 96DX