HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Addiction2bass's Repair and Upgrade Project Civic 96DX

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well another day alittle more work done. radiator support welded in solid, impact bar bolted up, headlights bolted up, radiator bolted in.
only thing i really need to do now is flush the radiator really good and then fill the system properly with some honda fluids.
and then just get liscence plates for it! i was gonna get the liscence plates today BUT the guy i bought the car from didnt sign the sellers info on the title so i had to wait for the guy to respond back to me about his name and position and dealer number, and by the time he responded the liscence branch was closed
pretty odd when i got my insurance on the car they said the vin was a error or something on there computer system, i went home and checked the actual vin numbers all over the car and they did match. no idea why they came up with a error when running the vin! maybe because its a canadian vehicle..

i should get my hood latch, foam bumper absorber, fenders and front bumper cover next week.
fenders and hood says i should get them monday. not sure about the foam bumper part. but i also need the passenger bumper holder piece not sure what its called.LOL
i gotta run some part numbers! but so far should be street legal AS-IS tomorrow.LOL

Name:  DSC00233-1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  78.7 KB
Name:  DSC00234-1.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  74.7 KB
Name:  DSC00235-1.jpg
Size:  83.2 KB
Name:  DSC00236-1.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  56.5 KB
Name:  DSC00237-1.jpg
Size:  68.1 KB
Name:  DSC00239-1.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  62.3 KB
Name:  DSC00240-1.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  63.9 KB

tho those headlights suck..... ill have to buy new headlights eventualy... o well they work but just dont look to good.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:19 PM

It's nice to see progress so quickly. Looking good!

And, IMO, those headlights look fine. But, I think they would look better on your black Civic? Either way, I'd drive with them on my car.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:33 PM

lookin good

Old 08-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default another project civic 96DX repair pics Pg 7, 8-02-08 on the road again.

ya well from a distance they look fine.LOL up close they do not have the same clear cover or printing on the clear cover, the passenger one has like a towel imprint from when i baked them apart to paint them.LOL and i didnt really seal them back together much at all just poped back in oven and cramped them back together to hold the best i could.... ill probably buy some ones that are painted black already and then swap the headlights off my 99.

but anyways as-is i should be able to drive it on the road.LOL i just need plates for it now.

Last edited by addiction2bass; 08-02-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:28 PM

I wish I had that kind of money laying around. Project cars are great fun.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well i took a short break this morning and went and got plates for it, flushed the radiator fluid alittle more and refilled the system with honda antifreeze. i did afew more small things like some zip ties on the front splash shields and zip tied a old front foam bumper impact bar just for added safety touch

checked the tires and took it for a drive took it down some country roads and then on the interstate, so far so good only thing that bugs me is door pillar damage, at least AS-IS since the rubber seal does not sit evenly on the pillar it has some wind noise. nothing major. just alittle noise im sure i could silence it with alittle silicone or some extra weatherstriping. but right now its not that big of a deal.
and so far the muffler isnt to bad.... tho i do need to seal that rear exaust leak thats infront of the muffler. i may keep the turd on the car maybe not to sure yet have to drive with it more....

at least its road worth now. drives straight so might not even need a alignment but after i have the majority of the body parts on the car i will get a alignment on the car just to be sure not to wear the tires out to fast....
i dont want to get it aligned yet since the weight could be enough to throw it off alittle.

only problem is really the top O2 sensor wires came loose after i pressure washed the engine bay alot. so tomorrow im gonna go to radio shack and buy some wire acid cleaner or what not and try to get the wires clean enough to take solder and then some heat shrink on them after im sure they are stuck good again!
but at least the motor still runs good with the CEL light on

and yes i get some funny looks. LMFAO

Name:  DSC002363.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  148.9 KB
Name:  DSC002344.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  131.5 KB
Name:  DSC002334.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  149.4 KB

once i get the fenders monday it should make it look ALOT more tolerable to look at tho i wont put the bumper cover on till tuesday when i get the right foam bumper thing, and i still need to find some bumper brackets for a 99-00 civic. tho i may have to order new part for it as well have to go 2 some local junk yards and hope they have a 99-00coupe! with a good front end. im pretty sure the bumper cover bars shouldnt be to desirable parts.LOL

Old 08-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Thumbs up

Its the ultimate weight reduction. Lmfao

i cannt wait to drive this thing to work and see what people say about it.LOL most likely they will page over the intercom "will the owner of a silver honda please report to security." LOL maybe i should get a laugh for myself and be like WTF who stole my front end off my car.LMFAO

tho next thing to check on the car is the brakes. they dont seem to strong to me BUT then again it is a DX so brakes arent that large on the front. but i still need to check them out.

Last edited by addiction2bass; 08-02-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:48 PM
HCF Member

yeah, dx brakes suck donkey nuts unless you convert everything to an ex/si system.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i think i might have to look into how to upgrade them..... now i asume its just rotors and calipers from a EX w/abs.... might have to keep an eye out for some after i pay for a hood for the car.LOL

Old 08-02-2008, 04:53 PM
HCF Member

rotors, calipers, knuckle, booster

Quick Reply: Addiction2bass's Repair and Upgrade Project Civic 96DX