HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Addiction2bass's Repair and Upgrade Project Civic 96DX

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o dang new knuckles as well. ok well no upgrade for awhile then unless i can find a parts at a junk yard near me cheap enough.
looks like ill just get some good pads then for now.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well another day of more progress....
today i got my fender/bumper, primered and sealed them. got them instaled. mostly at least.... im still waiting on the foam bumper backing. and to replace the passenger side top bumper hanger and the middle top grill clips.... right now i just have it pretty much zip tied

looks a hell of alot better BUT it still needs a hood for the updated front end to be complete
i think ill have enough at the end of the week.
my neighbor gave me a adress of a body parts place that sells cheap new parts so im hoping i can get a hood even cheaper since i wont have to pay for shiping charges. SO I HOPE i can get it cheaper!!!!!!!

i also swaped out the canadian cluster with a spare EX cluster i had laying around BUT the gas gauge needle is busted (i bought it that way) trying to find a cheap EX manual cluster to get the temp/gas gauge section from.
i also had to remove the ABS modual and put it in the new EX cluster pretty simple there. luckely i had a spare cluster guts that happened to have ABS cut out as well so the full swap wasnt to tuff.

Name:  96clusterbody-02.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  68.1 KB
Name:  96clusterbody-08.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  96clusterbody-13.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  109.3 KB
Name:  96clusterbody-17.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  97.1 KB

Name:  96clusterbody-27.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  95.8 KB
Name:  96clusterbody-29.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  123.1 KB
Name:  96clusterbody-30.jpg
Size:  85.8 KB

so far so good!

primer looks better than black on a silver car
i thought about painting it a silver that is close to matching BUT i said screw it! it wouldnt match anyways!!!!

Last edited by addiction2bass; 08-04-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:14 PM
HCF Member

dang man you're making a ton of progress on this thing and you're doin it really fast.

I can't believe it already looks as good as it does. So far everything looks like its coming out great

Old 08-04-2008, 08:22 PM

Now that's what I'm talking about! Nice progress!

Old 08-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well today i just ordered the hood from same ebay guy. if the place ships like they have been doing HOPEFULLY ill get the hood monday. if he shipped it out today then hopefully id have it tomorrow BUT i didn't order it till about 4pm so most likely it wont go out till tomorrow.

but needless to say its coming along. i got my hood latch yesterday and already have it on the car. just have to get the hood and then adjust the latch and HOPEFULLY my hood hinges will be OK! they look and feel good, so hopefully if anything i just have to take them off and bend them around a little.

and well i have been thinking of painting the primered parts in silver so its a closer match. still thinking about it. its not really needed but wouldn't be as noticeable for others..

i might just start primering the whole car since alot of the cars trim panels have bad paint..... mainly the skirts and side molding. and eventualy id have to fix some minor dings and light hail damage.

Last edited by addiction2bass; 08-07-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! i got the hood today ruffly 1-2hours ago now. just got done primer and sealing it. now i just need to let it dry a little more and then im gonna bolt it up on the car! i was so happy to see that big @ss truck pull up and drop off my hood! they shipped that sucker freight. i checked it out and signed for it and instantly took it out to prep for primer it

hopefully in about an hour or less ill post up pictures with it installed on the car!

Old 08-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok the important post with pictures.
so far so good! i will tweak the alignment a little more before i actually paint it but for now its pretty close. the drivers side lined up great no problems!!! but the passenger side/wrecked side does need a little tweaking. it had to have slightly tweaked the metal a little from the impact BUT not to worry. looks like mostly cosmetics. next week ill get a alignment done and be sure the car drives straight and true, as well as get the wheels balanced since they have had a little vibration.

i also need to but new headlights and a lower hood seal that runs along the front bottom of the hood to close that gap.
ok enough chat heres the pics.

Name:  96dxhood-01.jpg
Size:  121.5 KB
Name:  96dxhood-03.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  98.6 KB
Name:  96dxhood-05.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  101.7 KB

Name:  96dxhood-07.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  90.2 KB
Name:  96dxhood-08.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  76.7 KB

Name:  96dxhood-09.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  42.4 KB
Name:  96dxhood-10.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  44.6 KB

just needs minor tweaking... i didnt want to go much tweaking until i got all the parts on the car. so tomorrow ill do some more tweaking on the front end to do the best i can. its close but just not perfect. but i am still missing the front bumper bracket brace on the passenger side, headlight seal on the passenger side is missing and the front hood weatherstriping isnt there. i have the 96seal but im not sure if it will fit or not. i havent tried yet since i need to clean it first due to all the mess on it.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:39 PM
HCF Member

the cars lookin good, Im amazed how quickly your gettin it all done, if you dont mind me asking how much cash have you put into it, cuz it seems like a sick deal.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member

so far ive spent $645.58 on the new body parts and radiator. so total spent on the car ive got about 1,400bucks in the car total. the car books 3,500bucks just in FAIR condition... excellent condition says $4,400. private party value... suggested retail says $5,500

so either way im WAY AHEAD in the total cost even as is...
i plan to spend another 150-200bucks to get the AC system working again. ruffly
140bucks for new timing belt/ other belts/ and water pump. since its about that time on the cluster.

150-200bucks on window tint
100bucks for a new clutch setup just for the hell of it...
100bucks for 99-00 taillights.
maybe 50bucks for a new center audio console since mines busted up a little. or might just modify mine myself for a custom console setup.
ruffly 200bucks for new alarm/remote starter system.
ruffly 500bucks for new paint for the whole car along with all the body work ill be fixing myself which is cheap bondo and sandpaper....

and needless to say after all of that the car will be in excellent condition and will need very little!!!

but right now mainly i just want the AC fixed and timing belt stuff replaced and thats really all the car probably needs.
ive thought about heavy modifying the car which i still might.... maybe ill continue my old project ideas from my old civic like my suicide doors id love to do!!!!! should be extremly simple to do seeing how they are DX doors.LOL

Old 08-12-2008, 06:29 PM
HCF Member

looks like fantastic project! I havent even been logged on here in awile..so what happened to the EG?

Quick Reply: Addiction2bass's Repair and Upgrade Project Civic 96DX