HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Engelhonda's new Turbo D thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 08:46 AM
HCF Member

Did you paint it yourself? Looks good. I'm ordering a new lip soon, the mugen one I got sucks and from when I mounted a snow bank I tore it where it screws it. I kind of like the ctr lip except that everyone has them, and they don't really go that low. The Mugen one I have seems to sit lower giving the front an even lower look than it is, I have like 2 inches of clearence up front with the lip. I'm thinking about a Spoon lip.

Your car needs to be lower lol, but I am a believer in going as low as possible or don't watse your time lol. I scrape my $500 GReddy Evo2 every day leaving my driveway, but it is worth it lol.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:02 AM
HCF Member

ya i did paint it myself, quite a few coats of green and clearcoat. and i think my car is low enough lol, i scrape my exhaust with how it is now going over the speed bumps in my apartments.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:04 AM
HCF Member

I had some can of paint that was mixed to match my car and it was trash... so I'm getting a lot of stuff professionaly done. What rear lip is that?

Old 06-20-2010, 09:32 AM

Is that just the lighting or are your headlights a little hazy? If hazy, use Meguiar's PlastX. Good stuff.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:45 AM

You ride height looks nice, don't mess with it. Just about what mine is. Too low makes the handling worse as well as a possibility of f@cking other things up scraping etc. Also, no one knows how the roads are in your area, too. Mine are pretty rough (especially in town), and I can just make it over the worst speed bump in the area without scraping, so I wont be going any lower. 2+ years of driving slammed cars, the grinding/scraping noise gets old.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:14 PM
HCF Member

My headlights are a little hazy, but i polish them everytime i wash the car. Im having a brainfart on what the stuff is called but its good stuff, its like 3 bottles and you use them step by step. I have a type r rear lip. and ya cv i love where and how my car sits right now, colorado roads arent the greatest unfortunately either, but where my car is set up now i perfect imo. =D

Old 06-20-2010, 09:13 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by paulx022
eh. looks pretty nice and clean, at least it doesnt have a body kit like most people on this forum because there sooo sweet pfft.
but yeah looks nice, get a b series motor and maybe take out power steering and a/c for a little more room and power
1. Most ACTIVE members on here do not have body kits. I can't think of any who frequently post on here that do.

2. Did you even happen to read the title of his thread. TURBO D. D <------. He is boosting his D, not swapping it for a B. I swear newcomers are getting worse and worse.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:04 AM
HCF Member

^ what scott said lol.

as far as taking the PS and A/C out, PS is already out and i wont take the a/c out. there is no point as it does nothing to the motor unless it is engaged.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:55 AM
HCF Member

I cannot imagine living south of the mason-dixon line without a solid A/C in my car. If you want to go faster, hit the button and it has the same effect as permanently denying yourself cold air. Your civic looks gorgeous. Makes me wish I still had mine instead of this &@^%$ Kia. The tail lights are particularly nice looking. I don't really like the solid black look on anything but a jet black car, so your tinting is nice.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:44 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by paulx022
dude you both are ****ing stupid, even if you boost that car ITS A D SERIES its not gonna make alot of power and your just gonna blow the s hit up anyways it has 230,000 MILES! so youll need a new motor anyways after you blow it up, i looked through like 40 pages of albums and there was like 3 cars on here nicer than mine, and mine isnt even that nice. everybody on this has a body kit with a d series
Who cares if it makes a ton of power compared to a fully built B series? D series engines make a decent amount of power, are more common than hydrogen and stupidity, and they're easy to work on. His boosted D would be a lot of fun to drive, and I'm pretty sure that's the whole idea.

Quick Reply: Engelhonda's new Turbo D thread