HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

MaximusFunk's 00 EX project

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by MaximusFunk
there is actually a silver 00 EX thats been there a long time, it probably has the same interior as you. However the sunroof is gone so i'll have to check if the fabric on the door was affected at all by rain.

Whats the best way to ship a large item like that or a fender?
OMG where? I wanna drive up and buy the whole front end. haha. The fabric on the door would be replaced before putting it in my car, so I am not worried about that. Just worried about if there are any scratches or dents etc.

As for shipping, I have no idea.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:24 AM
HCF Member

it was in a front end accident, so the hood,bumper,headlights,grill, and maybe fenders are squashed. I can take pics of it for you next time I go if you want, If you see something you want I'll ask what they will sell it for. They have been reasonable with prices for me, usually about 1/2 the price I would find something for used on ebay.

Its a huge junkyard, there are maybe 20 hondas, although there are only two 99-00 civics, and they rarely get new arrivals. Its called JR's Salvage and is about 30 minutes north of plattsburgh if you ever end up way up here

Old 09-30-2011, 07:43 AM

I haven't been able to find any junk yards around here with a Civic, period. You are lucky

You don't have to take a picture. I will have to keep you in mind if I need a random part at any time.

Holy cr4p, you are far up there. The farthest North in NY I have ever been is Albany.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:45 PM
HCF Member

high flow cat came in a few days ago. It looks nice to me.

Got the car today! 1800 with new calipers,rotors, muffler, shift cable, LF wheel bearing, 153k miles, and new snow tires. They even fixed the EVAP CEL before they sold it to me. 3000 mile oil changes all through its life. For a car that had a squashed front and rear, It has great fitment of everything. Better than my old car did.

Im very happy with it. It just needs a tune up, some body love, and more low. Only parts I cant re-use from my old car are distributor cap and plug wires.

I picked it up at a honda dealership where the seller was getting her new car. The owner of the dealership had several cars, one of which was a mint JDM crx Si. It had a Mugen badge and a lot of mugen parts that I could see. Whether there was ever a limited Mugen CRX like they did with the 8th gen Si, I dont know. Regardless it was a dank car.

Very excited to start transferring some parts tomorrow.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:03 PM
HCF Member

so just a warning, if you buy a rebuilt car, make sure it's from the same state you plan to register it in. I have to wait till the end of the month for a Salvage Safety Inspector to come up from albany and charge 200 dollars to certify that my car was safely rebuilt before i can register it.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:36 AM
HCF Member

did some tune up stuff today, Fuel filter, PCV valve, spark plugs, ground wires, battery terminals, cleaned distributor cap terminals, cleaned iacv, adjusted throttle cable. I need new plug wires though, my blue ones got ruined. Idles nice and smooth now.

these are the beefy Hancook snowtires that came with it. They are lower profile than my old ones, which is great because last winter I rubbed on the wheel well on potholes.

replaced this rusty filler panel with my old one.

and installed my old leather console lid, E-brake, Acura Vigor e-brake boot, and cd player. also had to replace a few climate control bulbs that were out.

Wish the cars wernt 20 miles apart, it would be a lot easier to transfer things.
Next up is the Rust Bullet, should get here tomorrow.

Last edited by MaximusFunk; 10-09-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:12 PM
HCF Member

-Installed mint bumper from other car, Had to make some custom mounting brackets for where the bumper meets the wheel well because they were rusted out.

-rust bulleted all the rust spots

-put back stock e-brake but kept the leather Vigor boot. going for a stock look this time

-transferred over 4-2-1 header and my 2.25'' piping

-decided to sell my oem spoiler and type r lip

-traded my HX wheels for a set of tireless SI wheels with a bit of curb rash and clearcoat issues. Im gonna have to fix them up, but regardless, im excited. Never seen a set selling within 250 miles of where i live. reason for this is I decided to keep stock suspension on this car and I wanted to fill in the wheel gap a bit with 15'' wheels. I dont really have any desire to go back to dodging potholes, and i like going on dirt roads. cant decide between 195/60/15 and 195/65/15. less wheel gap vs more sidewall. any suggestions?

-traded my type r grill for a stock coupe grill. bought a primered hood.
found someone who painted my hood and grill trim to match for $194 paint and clear. still waiting to pick them up.

-car wont pass inspection, was on the road for 1 day and all of the sudden I got a blinking d4 light, 4 CEL and wont shift out of second. I found that the first o2 sensor has frayed wiring, maybe i hit something. Waiting for a female plug o2 to get here because everywhere i looked only has the male plugs.

Pictures will come when i can locate my camera battery charger.

Last edited by MaximusFunk; 12-09-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:10 PM
HCF Member

got my hood back today. All in all im pretty happy. when It arrived in the mail, the front lip was slightly bent down. He bent it back in to shape for me before painting, and because of this he put extra clearcoat on that spot to make sure it wouldnt rust sooner than the rest, resulting in some drip collections on the edge. They arnt too bad though, and i got the whole job done including grill trim and delivery 20 miles away for 200.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:13 PM
HCF Member

Could easily just wet sand that clear coat off if it bothers you, I would lol, but I'm OCD.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:59 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Scott53092
Could easily just wet sand that clear coat off if it bothers you, I would lol, but I'm OCD.
I'll prolly try that if it is noticeable from farther than a couple feet away. I dont wanna end up taking off too much clear coat by accident on the level spots between the beads.

Got some picture updates:

painted coupe grill that i traded my old type r for

my new Si wheels. very excited to clean them up when it gets warmer out. the guy had them mounted on 4 diff tires, one of which is a studded snow tire:P

brand new black housing lights I got as a christmas present.

Joby the flexible magnetic LED. Also a christmas present. Perfect for fetching dropped bolts or hands-free lighting in strange places. Also got a torque wrench and a new Craftsman pliers set because the rubber handles on both of mine came off.

Failed both portions of the inspection. i had a bad wheel bearing which has since been fixed, and The electrical short keeps coming back. Today I started replacing the old engine harness, but I cant seem to remove the plastic casing that is mounted under the intake manifold. might end up just breaking it off and not bothering with it for the new harness. too cold to deal with that crap, its not a fun project when its 20 degrees with no garage.

Quick Reply: MaximusFunk's 00 EX project