HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

MaximusFunk's 00 EX project

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 05:31 PM

I am hating the cold. Yesterday it was mild and 55 degrees. Today... 22. Ugh. Winter sucks and I want out of the NE.

Can't wait till late March when it will finally start warming up. I am planning on picking up a new engine harness for the H22 and installing it when it warms up. Until then, I am just dealing with the CEL. Unless I can locate a heated garage to work in.....

Old 12-29-2011, 06:17 AM

That's gonna end up looking like mine used to, heh. Nice and clean.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:49 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Unless I can locate a heated garage to work in.....
You have an unheated garage at least right? If I had one, I would look for one of those old kerosine heaters from the 70's. they dont burn up that much fuel, and can keep a small room quite toasty. my mom has one and I drag it out to her garage when i do work there in the winter.

Yeah, I looked at your old car pictures as reference hobo, when I was trying to decide if I wanted to go with the Si wheels.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:40 AM

Can't go wrong with those Si wheels. But get some wheel locks. Even the stock ones are targets for theft.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by MaximusFunk
You have an unheated garage at least right? If I had one, I would look for one of those old kerosine heaters from the 70's. they dont burn up that much fuel, and can keep a small room quite toasty. my mom has one and I drag it out to her garage when i do work there in the winter.
Yes, but the problem with mine is that there is so much **** in my garage, I can't pull the car in and close the door. So all the heat just goes right out :/

Old 01-08-2012, 06:41 AM
HCF Member

yesterday I finally passed inspection, so went right to work on the fun stuff in a warm garage.
-Cleaned IACV
-put on snow tires
-put on short ram for now, and used some hose and a Y splitter to make the VC and Cold Start Assist go into the 1 hole
-installed new high flow cat with angled defouler
-adjusted exhaust hangers because muffler is 3 inches left of bumper notch
-installed new black housing headlights
-installed the painted coupe grill

front end before:

front end after:

stock e-brake w/ leather boot(much classier than the blue Nokian one before)

my new axleback that i got a few weeks ago. I wanted better flow and larger diameter, but stock look on a budget. I went with a Walker Quietflow SS for a GSR. 3 tube turbo style internals with a 2'' diameter. bolted up perfect to civic, just 4 inches too short which was expected, so i bought a resonated tip to fill in the gap. Im very pleased with the sound.(sorry cvcrcr, I was itching for a new muffler and couldnt wait anymore)

The headlights had some pretty major fitment problems, but i managed to fit them to my satisfaction. only 2 of the 4 tabs would line up with the holes at the same time.

The high flow cat is MUCH louder than stock, I didnt realize the sound would be so drastic. from 0-2000 rpm it sounds stock. 2k-3.5k sounds really loud and obnoxious. from 3.5k on it sounds very muscular and pleasing. I already through a CEL, i havnt pulled it yet. Its most likely for the cat or the EVAP system. I noticed almost no gain on the butt dyno, so if the CEL is for cat, im gonna sell it and go back to stock.

mainly, Im very excited to have a car again, first time driving legally since sept 21st.

Last edited by MaximusFunk; 01-08-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:12 PM

those new lights look amazing! do you have a sound clip or video of how the new muffler sounds?

Old 01-09-2012, 01:56 PM
HCF Member

i didnt take one when I had the stock cat on, it sounded much better then. I'll try and get around to taking a clip with the high flow one though.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:19 PM
HCF Member

apparently, the 99-00 tails are not only a different style and wiring set up, but also a different shape compared to the 96-98. I was about to swap over my 99-00 ones, glad I looked before I cut the wires. guess im stuck with the 96-98 tails unless i get a 99-00 trunk lid.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:15 AM

O.o did I miss something? How did your 2000 Civic end up with a 96-98 rear end?

Quick Reply: MaximusFunk's 00 EX project