HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

MaximusFunk's 00 EX project

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:47 AM
HCF Member
Default MaximusFunk's 00 EX project

so this is what my car looks like now, and insurance wont give me anything because I dont have collision, and I was at fault.

The good news is that I found a 2000 EX sedan with the same mileage and paint color for 1800 which my mom loaned me. Im broke, i got scammed out of 388 for the towing, lot fees, and "clean-up" fees. dont ever trust a mechanic who feels he needs to reassure customers by calling himself "Honest Ed"

I'll have the EX on friday. Its got a few rust problems, but not major. it was totalled and rebuilt after 5k miles. has been running fine since for 140k. Im pretty excited, it has a dank oem sunroof which I have always wanted, and i dont even need a headswap for vtec.

It accelerates like a donkey though, it needs a severe tuneup. There are a few interior problems but I will be taking parts from my old car to fix as much as i can. My mom let me keep it as a parts car behind her garage, so no more junkyard for me.

I dont have any good pics of the new car, but the rust spots are as follows:

Last edited by MaximusFunk; 09-28-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:17 PM

Oh no, you too? Glad you have options.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:31 AM

Oh noooo!!!!

Are you going to part out the wrecked car at all? I am sure you can pull one of those o2 sensors out for your CR-V!

Old 09-29-2011, 11:54 AM
HCF Member

yeah, i should be good on the o2 sensor now unless I break this one too taking it from the cat. Im gonna keep it as a parts car for myself behind my mom's house, unless you were looking for something specific. most of the engine is fine except the stuff up front like radiators, fans, plug wires, dizzy, some power steering stuff, etc...

Im trying to decide whether to keep the stock EX airbox because it draws air from outside, or whether to put my SRI back in because it looks cooler and has slightly better flow.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:02 PM

You should be good since that cat isn't that old, right? You got that converter from me like a 1 1/2 ago, right? Or am I confusing you with another member?

Old 09-29-2011, 12:23 PM

If you decide to use the SRI, I'm interested in the stock airbox. And if those fenders are intact... also interested.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:16 PM
HCF Member

yup, that was me. hopefully it will come out easily. Got my high flow cat waiting to be installed from before the accident.

I'll let you know if I decide not to keep the air box. Also, even if i do, there is a new 99 EX at my junkyard which I will check for you next time I go.

One of the fenders has the front tip bent upwards about 1'' from the end. I didnt notice the other one, But I will check for you next time i go to my mom's

Old 09-29-2011, 01:45 PM

A 99 EX you say? Is it a coupe? I am in need of a driver door panel. I am sure it would be a PITA to ship due to the size, but I am interested regardless if they have it. Just the panel itself if it has nothing wrong with it and if it is dark gray.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:46 PM
HCF Member

there is actually a silver 00 EX thats been there a long time, it probably has the same interior as you. However the sunroof is gone so i'll have to check if the fabric on the door was affected at all by rain.

Whats the best way to ship a large item like that or a fender?

Old 09-29-2011, 02:47 PM
HCF Member

the new EX is black, so i would assume grey interior, but i dont remember.

Quick Reply: MaximusFunk's 00 EX project