HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Scott's Ek Build: Shaved and Tucked

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:29 PM

Sidemarkers look good. Nice job!

Old 03-03-2010, 03:35 PM
HCF Member

Nice work.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:02 PM
HCF Member

Finished converting my fender bolts to stainless today. So pumped, it is supposed to get up to 40 this weekend! Get to wash my car woo hoo. Picking up a dc header off a friend of mine for $45 tomorrow. He says it isn't dented very bad and doesn't look the best, so I'm going to repolish it with this amazing guide http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1563439. Pumped to pick this up, going to be cleaning it up all week and probably put it on next weekend?

Old 03-05-2010, 09:29 AM
HCF Member

thats a great how to you should show it to hobo so he can post it on our forum

Old 03-05-2010, 09:31 AM

That IS a good one. I may have to rehost it on HCF.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:55 PM
HCF Member

Alright well I went to my friends house and picked up the header. He had his new k20a2 there that he picked up yesterday for his eg coupe, pure sex. Paid $45 for the header and came with o2 sensor, not sure if it is fried or not, he says it was a DC but the previous guy shaved off the DC tag. I don't believe it, if it was a DC you would still see the weld spots from where they welded the tag on. Also they the bent runners have little ridges through the bend, so that'd be mandrel bent? I'm also su****ious on if it is stainless, they are kinda rustyish. They don't look like the header in the guide on polishing. So unlike the guy polishing I'm starting out a lot lower grit and sand blasting them and then work up to the polish. I'm probably going to spray some vht clear coat on them too just to protect them. But I know they fit, he had them on his z6, so whatever. All that matters is it fits, not even any flat spots, just a dent. Now the bottom "screen" between cat and mani is blown, is that something I should get another of or is it fine without it. As the polishing goes on throughout the week I'll put up pics, I'll be doing it in school. Hopefully installing next weekend.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:00 PM
HCF Member

Going to start workin on the header tomorrow. I've been thinking about whether I want to swap or boost in the summer. Seeing my friends K he is putting in made me want to go away from what everyone else is doing. Everyone has their boosted D or B swap, so I want to try to sway away from that. I've been thinking about doing an H swap (reaper will love me). I'll be doing my research on that. I just don't want to be like everyone else that has their gsr's or b16's, and go a little different with the H. Be sweet to go to K also but I don't have the money or the experience to do it in this car lol.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:19 AM
HCF Member

My sister's Bf's car has got a h22 and its fast and is sweet looking. i'll post pics later

Old 03-08-2010, 03:03 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Scott53092
Going to start workin on the header tomorrow. I've been thinking about whether I want to swap or boost in the summer. Seeing my friends K he is putting in made me want to go away from what everyone else is doing. Everyone has their boosted D or B swap, so I want to try to sway away from that. I've been thinking about doing an H swap (reaper will love me). I'll be doing my research on that. I just don't want to be like everyone else that has their gsr's or b16's, and go a little different with the H. Be sweet to go to K also but I don't have the money or the experience to do it in this car lol.
I will love you too

Old 03-08-2010, 06:42 PM
HCF Member

Well I sand blasted the header today in school, and started worki on the polishing of the top half. Picked up new stainless steel bolts for the install whenever I do it. Idid the 1st runner quick with 300, 800, 1000, 1500 grit and finished it with mothers polish to see how well it shiens up, looks pretty good. The bottom half of the top half of the header is pitted pretty bad, not even going to try to get it out. All the runners have been 400 gritted. I work tomorrow so progress will wait until Wednesday night to go on. This should turn out decent, not the best but oh well. Here's a few pics.

Sandblasted:

4th cylinder runner polished:

What I ended with at the end of the night:

Quick Reply: Scott's Ek Build: Shaved and Tucked