HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Scott's Ek Build: Shaved and Tucked

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 10:31 PM
HCF Member

Well the most popular guy aroundhere has a k24/k20a2 hybrid in his ek hatch that is just insanely fast, his car is like Honda Tuning quality. He's one of few with a k that isn't owned by a shop around here. EVERYBODY has a gsr, it gets really old seeing everyone around here with em. So I want something a little different, and I don't really want to throw that amount of money for the k. k20a2>k20a3 btw. a2's head is built more and ported better. The a3 is out of the early 2000 si's and were their first version of it, so it really wasn't as built as the new a2's in the rsx-s

Old 08-14-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Ah ill have to remember that for future reference thx Scott!

I try not to get my hopes up for my car so i dont even think about doing a swap. I wouldnt be able to until after college and i plan on starting a family, a household, etc. prety quick so wont have time to fiddle with my hatch when i could buy something with some ***** already thinking an older WRX or preferably an early STi Basically any Scubie i could get

But thats a whole other story. Im just trying to keep college payed for so i can have a little fun and enjoy my life which includes buying random ish for my car (ex; lips, grilles, seats, etc.)

Old 08-14-2010, 10:44 PM
HCF Member

Yea like I said before, cheap school and workin a lot means a lot of money to dump in to the car. I've got no other bills right now and I won't move out til I have somewhere to go with a garage, so as of now, the money goes to tools and the Civic.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Haha i have 3 major things that take my money and they go in the following order;

1.) College
2.) My girlfriend
3.) My hatch

So basically im screwed alltogether lmao

Oh and as i side note i got a job interview this weds at the applebee's i was telling you about so it looks like i am 1 step closer to being a waiter too lmao its good money though so im prety stoked.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:53 PM
HCF Member

Nice! Good luck!

I dumped my last girlfriend because I was doing like the wire tuck and some other **** that was taking a long time and I had to work on every day, and she'd want to do stuff. I pretty much told her I don't like having to do things, and that the car comes first haha. I'm a real gentleman.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Wow haha yah me no know i love my cars but she has good taste in em so she can stick around lmao she already said i can have my project car as long as money isnt going to waiste! Silly girl she has no idea ha

And thanks i really hope i get the job.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:56 PM
HCF Member

Hmm speaking of h22 swap, found this on craigs today: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/1900487002.html
The JE piston and Eagle rod combo is $800 new... but the JE pistons are supposed to have 9:1 comp. An I'd pull the JE's for some oem pistons, I don't plan on boosting. Now the only thing is that the block is obd1. I've looked in to converting the engine to obd2 and it wouldn't be hard. Obd2 head, and then swap out the oil pump of the block. Idk yet though.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:18 PM
HCF Member

Alright well the guy said he would trade the bottom end for my carbon fiber trunk. I'm considering doing it. It just boggles me that for that price the block didn't sell already since just the Eagle's alone are $320. So I'm going to hopefully check it out this week, check for any broken sleeves or somethin. I'd pull the JE's and sell them and put stock pistons on the rods. I could probably get $300 just for the JE's, and he says there's only 80 miles on em so I could sell em for even more. But like I said, price seems too good to be true. So we will see. I've been on ht getting some info on converting it to obd2, not too hard. Need obd2 oil pump with crank sensor, obd2 dizzy, obd2 injectors, and I should be good to pass emissions! So the next step if I get this would be finding a head and tranny, which the head will be easy to find but I feel a tranny won't be as easy.

Give me your opinion on what you think. I paid $275 for the trunk so whatever I do with it I'm getting a good deal.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:12 PM
HCF Member

Well I went and spent $200 today on more tools, can never have enough!

I am going to look at the h22 block tomorrow, hope all goes well.

I am picking up the oem hatch mud flaps on Friday.

That is all for now.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

This has nothing to do with your car sorry bro but was excited-ish and thought ud think it was cool...i had that interview today at that Applebee's by my college and it went really well i think sothey told me to call and set up a second interview for after im all moved in oh and i applied at other places too like The Home Depot and some restaurant and then a Quiznos and like 3 other places ha so anyway sorry for the thread jacking there for a sec lol thought ud maybe sorta care

Quick Reply: Scott's Ek Build: Shaved and Tucked