HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Sigracer10's EJ8 Project Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 01:01 PM
HCF Member

alright so I finally got around to checking out my front right suspension today. Some of you may remember me talking about the wheel bearing going out several posts back. Turns out that its not the bearing, but rather the upper ball joint of the camber kit. Luckily for me, the skunk2 Pro series ball joint are super easy to replace, plus a heck of a lot cheaper than a wheel bearing. $35 plus alignment instead of $225. I need an alignment anyway though so I'm not too worried about that part either.

So i got a replacement ball joint ordered today, and hopefully it will be in next week and I can get it swapped out before the fall semester starts.

also washed the car for ya Scott

Old 08-31-2010, 02:05 PM
HCF Member

So I got the upper ball joint on the passenger front replaced today so no more shaking from that wheel. Unfortunately I didnt get done till late in the afternoon so I didnt have time for an alignment, but that will get done most likely Thursday.

Heres some pics for you guys.

heres the new ball joint/adjustment plate assembly
Name:  DSCF0585.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  55.7 KB

this is the old ball joint and the new one. The new one on the left. As you can see they changed the boot because the original ones had a tendency to crack. They also made the ball joint itself a little bit beefier.
Name:  DSCF0591.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  188.2 KB

And here is the new ball joint installed and ready to go.
Name:  DSCF0593.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  75.3 KB

Old 08-31-2010, 04:13 PM
HCF Member

Looks great man I bet that being replaced makes a heck of a difference I had to replace both my front ball joints when i bought the car and it was such a better ride afterward.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:27 PM
HCF Member

not to threadjack, but tint is kind of an odd topic. a metallic tint that is like 50% is just has heat protecting as 5%. so for those guys that don't like tint, you can still get the heat protection without going dark

Old 09-08-2010, 05:23 PM
HCF Member

well with all the torrential downpour of rain here in Texas because of Tropical Storm Hermine, the passenger side of my car was partially flooded last night. I park out in the street, and the water got high enough at the curb to seep in through my door jamb. The car itself is fine, just really wet. but I lost my sub amplifier in the whole ordeal. The amp just got drenched in water and shorted out since it is mounted under my passenger seat. It wont turn on at all. Crap like this has really been pissing me off lately because I dont have the money to keep up with everything going on with the car and other things in my life. I really need an alignment after I had to replace my ball joint, and to change my timing belt, and now this, but I dont have the money to fix any of it right now.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:32 PM
HCF Member

Ugh man sorry to hear about that, such a shame! Ya cars are so damn much money I know how you feel and myself being a college student, any penny is so much to me! Hehe well I hope you can find the time or money to fix it bro and keep me updated!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:58 PM
HCF Member

Holy cow it has been forever since I have been on here. I have been so busy with school that I just haven't even though much about the car. I guess I need to catch everybody up on the car.

well starting from the whole flood thing, the sub amp was toast. Luckily for me I had an old (and i mean old) Kenwood 2ch amp laying around that I was able to throw in there. Plus I got rid of my Sony subs and replaced them with my dad's old Infinity 12s. The sound so much cleaner than the Sonys.

Didn't really do anything for a while. Got the timing belt changed as well as all the stuff that goes along with that. did that about a week ago. also pulled out the window module for my alarm cuz it annoyed the hell out of me.

im about to fix my bumper from the hit and run a while back. Today I found a Honda place that still had a couple of sets of OEM clear foglights with the light grey switch and ordered them. I have a connection with a family member that can get me a new bumper and si lip at a decent price and paint it. So I should be doing that pretty soon.

I'll keep you guys updated as I get some stuff done.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:28 PM
HCF Member

Alright so I got by first box of goodies in today!

Got the OEM Fog Lights in, with the OEM light Grey switch.

I also ordered a pair of gunmetal housing headlights. And some PIAA Intense White H4 headlights and H3 fog lights to go along with the new housings. The bulbs should be in Thursday, and the headlights will be in sometime next week. And I'm still waiting to hear from my buddy about getting my an OEM si lip and new bumper. But those will be purchased soon one way or another.

Here's the fog lights:

Name:  0125112013-01.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  69.3 KB

Old 01-26-2011, 05:15 AM

Luckyyyyy. I want some OEM ones. My ebay ones are torn up already. Only one works again.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:20 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
Luckyyyyy. I want some OEM ones. My ebay ones are torn up already. Only one works again.
Go get you some. They were only $150 shipped with the light grey switch. Heres the link. As of now, this place has 2 left and Honda doesn't make them anymore so if you want them you better do it now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...Q5fAccessories

Quick Reply: Sigracer10's EJ8 Project Thread