car turns over but wont start - HondaCivicForum.com

HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:10 PM

Default car turns over but wont start

have a 97 civic and it wont start its turnin over grand but wont start i have no spark or fuel can any one help me thanks
Old 01-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member

When you turn the key to ON(II), does the CEL remain ON or does it turn OFF after 2 seconds?

Also check whether the important ground wire attached to the thermostat housing is loose or corroded. If so, clean with steel wool and then reattach tightly.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:47 PM

wrong section

honest question (for research purposes):
was the title of the section misleading to you?
Old 01-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Maybe a mod or admin will move the thread to the General Tech section.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ View Post
Maybe a mod or admin will move the thread to the General Tech section.
well i'm just asking to find out

i proposed a solution (slightly altering the section's name) to this ongoing problem and kevin told me in his opinion the title of the section is fine and that newbies need to learn what section is what... well that's called circular reasoning, and you can't solve the problem like that.
OP: do you think a better name for the section would have deterred you from posting this in this section?
Old 01-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Trust, just volunteer to be a mod. Then you will likely have more influence on making site changes.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ View Post
Trust, just volunteer to be a mod. Then you will likely have more influence on making site changes.
i volunteered
kev said the forum doesn't need anymore staff right now, and it's pretty dead around here so there's nothing to do
Old 01-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Well, I think there must be an opening for an Active Mod, which is what you'd be. The relatively Inactive Mod slots are definitely filled.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:02 AM

the engine man light stays on but there is a green light wit a key flashs once then its off but when i turn off the key the green light flashs 5 times