Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Ebay cat back???

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 05:37 PM
HCF Member
Default Ebay cat back???

I know that it can be hit and miss with anything from ebay. I have about a 70 to 30% good to bad history with ebay civic parts. I wanted to know if you have bought an ebay cat back for your civic what was your experience? Good or bad, be detailed.
I ordered an axle back from ebay and it doest sit in the cut out in the bumper. It does sound great though, good muffler on it. It needs to have new hanger put on it thats all. On the other hand my intake and headlights from ebay where a great buy. My header is yet to be determined. Well that is my experience with ebay stuff.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:13 AM
HCF Member

i bought my cai and my header on ebay, but they were both name brand, both fit just fine, and both did what they were supposed to do.
and it was cheaper than i could find any where else.
infact the only reason i went to a header at the time was cause it was chaper than replacing the stock cracked cast exaust manifold.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:05 PM

It's completely hit or miss on fitment, but sound is always horrible. I bought one for my old civic so i could sell it (I took the apex-i ws2 off and put it on my del Sol).

It actually fit perfect, but it sounded and looked like ****. I do not recommend it.
That same Civic had a different eBay exhaust when I bought it... that one didn't fit right.

Honestly, stop buying no-name garbage and just save your money for quality products. Your header may or may not crack. And by the way, the filter on your intake is garbage so I recommend replacing the filter element with K&N or AEM Dryflow.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:19 PM
HCF Member

I have an aem filter sitting in my garage but I dont feel that it is any better that the others. I think I will be getting a custom exhaust made as opposed to the ebay cat backs.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by intenseneal
I have an aem filter sitting in my garage but I dont feel that it is any better that the others.
Trust me, it is.
Filtration on eBay filters sucks, and they're restrictive.
Basically, no research and development = crap.

Originally Posted by intenseneal
I think I will be getting a custom exhaust made as opposed to the ebay cat backs.
Good choice.
My advice:
Buy a Magnaflow resonator and a name brand muffler of your choice. The exhaust shop can weld both in.

The resonator will make your exhaust tone a tad bit quieter than without, but most importantly it will make the exhaust tone sound cleaner, even if you get a loud muffler.

I recommend against loud mufflers, because they get annoying after a while, especially at cruising speeds when you can't hear the stereo over the exhaust. Also, they get you more cop attention. Also, IMO it's kind of ricey. Trust me, I had one; I am speaking from experience. I'd rather hear my music than my exhaust. With the Apex-i WS2 I don't hear it while cruising, but if I get on the gas pretty hard, it screams. It's great. Other similar exhausts are GReddy SP2 and RS*R Exmag (pricey and hard to find anymore).

Last edited by trustdestruction; 02-23-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:36 PM

i know you don't recommend ebay exhaust, but i found a package that comes in like 6 different parts including the headers. does anyone know if having so many bolt-on parts for your exhaust decreases performance enough to be noticeable?