Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

ebay exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:02 PM
HCF Member
Default ebay exhaust

I know the first responce is they are junk but i did find one on ebay that is a jdm exhaust and it is made out of T304 stainless steel but it is made for an 01 to 03 civic and i own an 04 civic so i was just wondering if it will fit and what everyone's take is on the ebay exhaust. I wanted the apexi n1 but they only make it for the ex civic and mine is a dx/lx model so thats out unless i want to modify the exhaust. So some feedback would be appreciated thanks

Old 01-21-2011, 05:34 AM

First, everything on ebay says it's JDM. This is not the case. NOTHING on ebay is legitimately JDM.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:56 AM

Why not find one that says to fit your vehicle?

With exhaust you get what you pay for.

"JDM" is a common keyword, so everything is "JDM" in order for the seller to get more exposure.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:28 PM
HCF Member

IMO, from experience, I purchased a "JDM" ebay exhaust for my 92 integra (because mine rusted and broke lol) , as well as a high flow cat with "stock exhaust manifold" I had minor fitment issues with cat to exhaust i.e. the holes didnt quite line up like they should have when installing, and after it was on it was OMG loud.....at the time i was in NC near bragg and i got pulled over a couple times for it, so i bought a silencer, quality wise its not great but if you just want a different sound or look for your car (or you HAVE to have exhaust) its worth the money, if you have a little to spend and want quality pay the extra $100 or so and get something brand name, do some looking around on diff. parts sites you may find something you like. Like CVCRCR99 said you get what you pay for.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:30 PM
HCF Member

Ok well i have been looking around and it seems there isn't much out there for a DX/LX 04 civic lots for EX but thats about it. I like the skunk2 exhaust as well as the apexi but both of them are for EX models only. Anyone got any suggestions on good names or if the ones for an EX will fit on my car

Old 01-22-2011, 03:51 AM
HCF Member

I've not done alot of work on the 04-05 body civic, but accoring to andysautosport.com the dx,lx,and ex are the same, my only guess in difference would be the 4dr vs. the 2dr andd vs the ep3 hatch, not sure what your budget is i threw in a link to a tanabe system, which IMO is a good brand ive used their brand once ona build a while back, i got it used but it was worth the money sounded good looks great and fitment was awesome even used. skunk2 is a good brand as well, the ones i heard were loud but it sounded good, not sure if all skunk2 exhaust is loud or not??

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...g_development/

Old 01-22-2011, 06:07 AM
HCF Member

thanks civic guy. I just went on and checked them out and i guess for the DX/LX i need an extension pipe where as the EX don't but that is also good to know cause now i know that i can get an EX exhaust and just buy the extension pipe and it should work just fine.