Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

i want to install a CAI filter on my 91 dx

Old 01-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Default i want to install a CAI filter on my 91 dx

Anyone has some pix of what its supposed to look like afterwards...im just thinking that since its a Cold Air intake, i need to have it suck the air from somewhere outside the car and i might need to drill some hole in the inside fender. I bought a Kit but its came with no instructions its got a filter by Mugen, and the pipes and all the components that look like are needed. I was thinking that the filter cant possibly just go where the orriginal casing is, and even after removing it there is the part of the air that will come from the engine warm not cold. Anyone who has done this to their car, how did you get the COLD air in the car through it???

Old 01-26-2005, 02:26 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: i want to install a CAI filter on my 91 dx

wow, Mugen? Nice. I cant explain everything for ya but others will write in here to dumb it down for ya. lol they have to do it for me alot.
here ya go:
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/phot...Type=6&apage=1

Mine is a "ram" air intake. Almost the same as col air but in a cold iar intak, the airfilter goes donw into your bumbper.

Old 01-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Default RE: i want to install a CAI filter on my 91 dx

when u take the stock intake out...where the filter box is...underneath there ther is gunna be another box...u will have to remove the front bumper to take it off...now there will be a hole there...the CAI pipe goes directaly from the air cleaner to that hole...then straight down...the filter will end up on the outside of the car..in the wheel well

EDIT: i forgot i had this site..it will help u lots http://www.fourthgenhatch.com/index2.html