Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

N1 vs. WS2 / Youtube videos

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by xsteinbachx
I was just quoted with 580 with install for the Ws2 Catback, but they didnt seem to have a magnaflow cat, and they said they'd make one for me for 220 (canadian) does that seem overpriced? or should i just pick up a magnaflow?
yea, just do it yourself. I bought my WS2 on ebay brand new for $435 total, and installed it in all of 30 minutes. The magnaflow cat can be had on summitracing.com for like 100, and it's bolt on, so you can also do it yourself.

if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, please note that the WS2 comes with instructions
also, it's reallllllllly easy. It's a total of 7 bolts for the exhaust, and then sliding the hangers off these rubber pieces. If you install the cat at the same time, it will be another 2 bolts. Reallllllllly easy. Just get some PB blaster or something for those pesky seized bolts if you run into any. Don't reuse any of the stock bolts, they suck. The exhaust comes with new bolts, but, unfortunately, the cat doesn't come with bolts, so hit up the hardware store and get some new bolts. Otherwise you'll spend an hour trying to bolt the cat to the exhaust manifold downpipe.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-26-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:02 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
yea, just do it yourself. I bought my WS2 on ebay brand new for $435 total, and installed it in all of 30 minutes. The magnaflow cat can be had on summitracing.com for like 100, and it's bolt on, so you can also do it yourself.

if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, please note that the WS2 comes with instructions
also, it's reallllllllly easy. It's a total of 7 bolts for the exhaust, and then sliding the hangers off these rubber pieces. If you install the cat at the same time, it will be another 2 bolts. Reallllllllly easy. Just get some PB blaster or something for those pesky seized bolts if you run into any. Don't reuse any of the stock bolts, they suck. The exhaust comes with new bolts, but, unfortunately, the cat doesn't come with bolts, so hit up the hardware store and get some new bolts. Otherwise you'll spend an hour trying to bolt the cat to the exhaust manifold downpipe.
Haha i wish it was that easy to Ebay it, but since i live in canada I get hit with ridiculious shipping charges, and duty fees. so that 435 +180 for shipping, and then duty fees .. yah it's not really worth it to ebay it then. The magnaflow high flo cat might be though, but thanks for the info trust.

Is this the cat here?

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

I wasn't quite sure since it didn't say High flo.

Last edited by xsteinbachx; 09-26-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:57 PM

Haha i wish it was that easy to Ebay it, but since i live in canada I get hit with ridiculious shipping charges, and duty fees. so that 435 +180 for shipping, and then duty fees .. yah it's not really worth it to ebay it then. The magnaflow high flo cat might be though, but thanks for the info trust.
I don't think you understand... i said $435 total. "Total" means including shipping. So i'd guess it'd cost you maybe $450 total.
Is this the cat here?

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

I wasn't quite sure since it didn't say High flo.
It doesn't say high-flow, but it is.
you want this one: http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
I was originally a little off on the price, because yours is a 2000 model.

Anyway, the cat i linked is "direct fit", meaning you don't need to weld, it bolts right on as a direct replacement. You won't find one of those on eBay.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:59 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
I don't think you understand... i said $435 total. "Total" means including shipping. So i'd guess it'd cost you maybe $450 total.

I'm not trying to argue, but I honestly can't find one for 450 with shipping. I'm looking at Ebay.ca right now, and if you look up Ws2 Civic You won't find one under 400, And shipping is 100-180 at least. Not even including "duty" fees which most shipping companies screw you on. So me getting it at a tuner store, and having them install it for free for 530 isn't so bad.

Big thanks though for helping me find the Cat. I'll most definitely purchase that then having them build me one.

Last edited by xsteinbachx; 09-26-2008 at 06:02 PM.