Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

quick lookover of my intake install

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:31 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: quick lookover of my intake install

for the 7th gens the v2 only comes in short ram

Old 03-08-2008, 11:21 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: conceptualpolymer

Is that a V2 without the lower section? My V2 filter resides inside the front bumper where the air is very cool. It looks like yours is missing the latter section that routes the filter down below.

Check out my install here:

http://www.conceptualpolymer.com/honda_corner.htm

It's the last link on the page.
Yea, you're running a cold air intake
He's running a short ram intake.
His is not 'missing' any section.
Again, congrats on the install dude.
Looks great.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:26 AM
HCF Member

yeah apparently aem does some extensive research and if they dont make it in cold air "format" for your car, either it means that there was no or less differance in performance.

and thansk macbeth, appreciate it

Old 03-08-2008, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

...or there is justnot enough room to get the filter where the cold air is. You might be able to do this, yourself by directing cold air to the filter using an accordian-type tube. It does make a difference, even for a 4-banger!

Old 03-08-2008, 09:11 PM
HCF Member

I was wondering.. Where did you get yours, by chance? I've been looking around alot for one for my 2001 Civic LX, and I found one $286 the cheapest, and most places are $300 or over.. If autosportcity was still working right, i'd get it from there, because it was about $250 or something. But, thats my first step in doing my I/H/E. I've been doing alot of exterior and interior work, and its now time to work on performance.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:52 AM
HCF Member

...or there is justnot enough room to get the filter where the cold air is. You might be able to do this, yourself by directing cold air to the filter using an accordian-type tube. It does make a difference, even for a 4-banger!
u really dont want to use a accordian type tube in the first place it will mess up the air flow when it goes every ridge to the filter. And with the 7th gen i woundn't do it either. strighter the pipe the better air flow is.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Vilex

I was wondering.. Where did you get yours, by chance? I've been looking around alot for one for my 2001 Civic LX, and I found one $286 the cheapest, and most places are $300 or over.. If autosportcity was still working right, i'd get it from there, because it was about $250 or something. But, thats my first step in doing my I/H/E. I've been doing alot of exterior and interior work, and its now time to work on performance.
i got mine at a local auto shop for 265 total, no tax no shipping fees. if you want/trust me i can buy another off him and ship it to ya.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:36 PM
HCF Member

Mmm.. I might do that :P. I'm gonna look around and stuff some more, but more than likely, i'll take you up on your offer. But it won't be until a nice month, at least. Because my next paycheck is going towards 5% tint, and i'll have enough money to order my new 17" wheels/rims. So most likely it'll be the next paycheck, or few. I have a 2001 Civic LX M/T, if you ever get bored and want to see if they have one in stock.

I'll get back to you whenever I get the money, though. Thanks for the offer .

Old 03-09-2008, 04:38 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: importcivicus

u really dont want to use a accordian type tube in the first place it will mess up the air flow when it goes every ridge to the filter. And with the 7th gen i woundn't do it either. strighter the pipe the better air flow is.
This is only true if we're talking about the airbridge tube (air filter to TB), itself. I'm talking about using a flexible tube to channel cold air from down low to the air filter element (cold air blows onto filter element). Yes, smooth ID hose is more efficient, but it is also alot more expensive.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Vilex

Mmm.. I might do that :P. I'm gonna look around and stuff some more, but more than likely, i'll take you up on your offer. But it won't be until a nice month, at least. Because my next paycheck is going towards 5% tint, and i'll have enough money to order my new 17" wheels/rims. So most likely it'll be the next paycheck, or few. I have a 2001 Civic LX M/T, if you ever get bored and want to see if they have one in stock.

I'll get back to you whenever I get the money, though. Thanks for the offer .
no problem let me know

im almost 100% sure he wont have it in stock, just like mine, but he orders em from aem discounted because hes an auth reseller. so let me know when you want to do it and ill ask him to buy one.