Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Rusted again--muffler questions..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:52 AM
Default Rusted again--muffler questions..

I have a 1995 civic EX mt. I'm really looking for info on just stock/oem items...not so much the add-ons or performance. Let's see, I'm on my 3rd muffler which is ok for now (lifetime warranty after the first replacement), my oilpan rusted out and had that replaced last year, my brake calipers rusted out last year, and now my 3rd set of B-pipes has just rusted out and come apart while I was driving--of course -very- loud and was afraid the cops might pull me over. Anyway, I want to buy the cheapest possible parts online and bring them to the local garage to install for me... no way I'm going to a dealer to be charged $400 plus just to replace the B-pipes and nothing else! [/align][/align]
There seems to be many online parts places, but I get the feeling a lot go to the same place (or two). I want to also replace the cat because it's the original one and looks pretty rusted/bad. Online I found these: [/align][/align]Bosal Muffler
Vehicle: 1992-1995 Honda Civic
Notes: MAIN MUFFLER -- Direct Fit Muffler, New Muffler, Installs With Simple Hand Tools , FREE Life Time Limited Warranty Available on Part # BO287127 [/align][/align]Product: Magnaflow Catalytic Converter
Vehicle: 1992-1995 Honda Civic
Notes: CATALYTIC CONVERTER, DIRECT FIT -- No Welding, Cutting Or Bending Required, Catalytic Converter #M6622636 [/align][/align]$83 and $90 respectively and free shipping. That seems like a really good deal because I've seen some oem cat for $300+ ?! I'm only expecting another year or 2 out of my car and wondering if I should order this online? I've heard some bad stories about ordering from these places, but this seems pretty simple. I know this isn't any custom/performance kind of question, but just thought I'd see what the forum thinks...thanks!
[/align]