Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Very Impressed with the AEM V2!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Default Very Impressed with the AEM V2!!!!!

I drive about a 1000 miles a week in my 01 Civic LX and I wanted to check my K&N filter but when I originally put the filter in I guess that I over tightened a couple of the screws and they were impossible to remove. So decided that since I would eventually put a short ram intake on my car I would go ahead and look for what I could find on ebay.

I found a new AEM V2 CAS (Cold Air System, hey, that’s what they call it) for $140.00. Wow is all I can say when it comes the difference in the way the car accelerates. Plus the sound of the engine rocks. I did not believe that I would be able to notice a claimed 12.2 HP gain and a claimed 10.7 ft. lbs or torque. I sure those numbers came from a manual transmission, but still there is a big difference in my opinion. I think I will try and have the car Dyno’ed in a week or two just to find out what the numbers really are.

Oh, I think I am hooked. Hum, wonder what I can try next, pulleys, exhaust? Who knows?

Old 11-01-2004, 05:37 PM
NTX
HCF Member
Default RE: Very Impressed with the AEM V2!!!!!

Oh, I think I am hooked
thats how i started

Old 11-01-2004, 07:04 PM
HCF Member

yeah, an intake is addictive. thats how most of us started.

Old 11-02-2004, 09:22 AM
HCF Member

12 hp sounds kinda high?

I hear alot about the V2... does anyone know what is so different about it?

Old 11-02-2004, 05:11 PM

AEM claims it is dyno tuned to the application and is the best intake you can buy at any price. Instead of trying to explain how it works here is the AEM Website

http://www.aempower.com/default.asp

Click on the "AEM V2 INTERACTIVE PRODUCT DEMONSTRATION" on the left.

Here check this out too. The corrected Horsepower and Torque for 01-03 Honda Civic LX/DX

http://www.aempower.com/pdf/dyno/24-...%20LX%20DX.pdf

Old 11-06-2004, 09:29 AM

Hey. I'm new to this forum and new with performance parts upgrades. I just recently bought a 99 Civic EX (everything stock right now). I am planning on upgrading the intake with AEM V2. I've heard lots of great things about it and how it really makes a difference in the cars performance. I want to let you know of the bat that I'm only a novice when it comes to car mechanics. I'd like to learn my way around my car and really know how to work with it and at the same time do some peformance upgrades as well. I know that these bad boy's from AEM is worth the upgrade which is why I am starting at the intake. I just had a question on installation. From what I've read off the AEM website it seems that the V2 is similar to a short ram set up (all under the hood installation). I was trying to find out if this is the case. I am trying to avoid an intake system that requires me to run the pipe all the way down under the engine and having to take out one of the front wheels. I don't feel fully comfortable yet going that far so I think the under the hood, short ram system will be a good start. And since the V2 seems to be their top of the line right now and it so happens to be a short ram style (at least thats what it looks like to me) it sounds like the best option. Just wanted to get some input on installation in terms of taking out the old intake system and installing the new V2. How hard is it? Do yo need lots of auto mechanics knowledge to be able to finish the task? Thanks!

Old 11-06-2004, 08:15 PM

AEM calls the V2 a Cold Air System, but you are right it is all under the hood and does not extend down to pick up cool air like a cold air intake. AEM makes the claim that the V2 is the best intake at any price and out performs all their other intakes including cold air intakes.

Installation was not hard. Only a couple of things that I ran into. A wiring harness was attached to the bottom of the sound resonator that was not on the diagram. Second the IAT Intake Air Temp. sensor after being taken out of the stock air box just about did not reach, but it did after cutting away some of the electrical tape that held the IAT wires to other wires. Other wise it was very easy.

I am sure my LX looks different under the hood than your car but if you want I can email you some pics of what my looks like. majorcjustice@earthlink.net

Jeff