Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Will i get the same performance????

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 04:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Will i get the same performance????

ok yeah maybe that was a little harsh...just dont cheap out on a cat. it wont work if you do.

Old 07-31-2006, 09:50 AM

most of those "high flow" cats are just straight pipes. trust me, my friend ordered an obx high flow cat and the thing was just a straight steel pipe...

Old 07-31-2006, 10:54 AM

THanks very much people... finally im convinced of not buy a chep one.... well ill better save up for hte megan and for the cat back i dont need it so badly so it can wait.....my cuzin find a flowmaster at 35including shippin and all the stuff. that performance is gonna have to wait thoug my pipes are rusted and they are really buzzi my car is impoted from pennsylvania i think so im replacing the rusty pipes if neccesari and i got a big problem with my resonator... you know the 2 hook in the inlet of the resonator well one of them broke and fall off so there is a hole im my resonator and my car has became really loud..... the sound is cool thougth hahahaah lol but i can get in troublw with the police

Old 07-31-2006, 11:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: pWnEdU

You get what you pay for. Durability and fitment will suffer with the cheap stuff.
Sentence of the day.
lol

Old 07-31-2006, 11:33 PM

Why did you guy think of this???????? today i get my car fixed becaue my rusty pipes broke and is was loudsy.. they cut the triangle that have the 3 bolt in the catalyc wich was heavily rusty and he make another cut in the pipes after the resonator so in the piece cuted was included my broken resonator ... he then bond some 1'1/8" inches pipes to the catalytic all and bond it the hte other side where the pipes where cutted. i asked the guy to instal 2inches pipes and he did not... and now the catalytic is bonded to the pipes so i cant install any cat back in the future as easy as bolt it in.

i hope you guys understand....what did you guyz think of this???? so for you guyz understand me my exaus it the stock header bolted to the stock catalyc, the cat was cuted the bolt cause the where real rusty and he guy tell me to trust him so i let him cut it. anyway the cat is bonded to the 1 1/8 pipesall the way to the muffler with no resonator.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:43 AM
HCF Member

First, it sounds like you need to quit taking your car to that shop. How much did this guy charge you to "fix" your pipes? Save your money and get the headers (sorry devney, I just don't give a shyt), hi flow cat, and cat back. It sounds like you have to cut that stuff out now (not as hard as you may think), but I recommend doing the install yourself. Its not hard, and you won't have to worry about anyone taking advantage of you.

Old 08-01-2006, 09:47 AM

I would defenitley like to do that..... but i dont know how to weld the pipes and i dont have any of those thing to lift you car above your head to easily work...well the point is i dont have the proper tool to do it. They guy charge me 30 bucks for removis the rusty pipes including hte resonator and replacing it with new pipes of 1 1/8 inches with no resonator. The weird thing is that why in the wolrd that guy cut of my cat bolts and weld the pipes to the cat so now im wondering how the heck im going to install ahi flow cat myself if i buy it in teh future. I think is goign to be a little bit complicates do isntall headers myself because those bolt underneath my car are so rusty that im afraid to broke them.