Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Why Does my hood look open all the time???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Default RE: Why Does my hood look open all the time???

ORIGINAL: itinerant

^+1 Has it been wrecked before? Mine was totalled from the front and rebuilt, so it'll never line up straight again. It's not as bad as that,though.
It was in an accident... the carfax report didnt tell me where, but im guessing the driver side because it has a newer headlight (newer as in clearer, the other one was yellow b4 i restored it) the damage was estimated to be 900$

Old 07-02-2008, 12:36 AM
HCF Member

^Ouch... look at it this way... I bet your engine stays pretty damn cool.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member

if you can push your hood down so it is closer to looking closed, then id say pull the bumper and wobble the hood latch mounting holes so the latch moves down further... but definatly test it out before puting your bumper back on... make sure it latches and releases fine... then check your bumper fitment and cross your fingers it closes the gap....

and also make sure to adjust your rubber hood bump stops... just screw them down. and have it so they have alittle pressure on the hood but not to much to hold it up.

Old 07-12-2008, 02:30 PM

Well, i found out some things today that make the problem. Ispent the past few days over at my friends house he has a 96' civc hatch. and we did some experimenting.

We took off my hood and bumper and put them on his car... guess what... its a perfect fit. the hood is a little up, but not as much as mine.

So im guessing after the guy wrecked the civic (before i bought it) he got parts from an older model and threw them on there. The SI Lip attached to the bumper with zip ties and screws (Not the way it comes on a normal 00 si). the bumper also is starting to have pressure cracks around the lights (closest to the grill frame).

So i dont know whats up... As for the hood, im keeping it, it doesnt look that bad. but im saving my money for an oem c/f, not from ebay. and im crossing my fingers... as for the bumper... its staying... im going to work on my engine rather than the body/cosmetic.

I will try the hood latch advice, it may help a little.

Thanks all for the advice.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:51 PM
HCF Member
Lol my hood does the same thing dam it i got in a wreck from a brake chech like a month ago really messed my car up lol im scared the hood will never be the same