Lighting & H.I.D.'s Post here about lighting, From exterior lighting to inside lighting.

98 fog lights using OEM plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Default 98 fog lights using OEM plugs?

So ive bought a set of fog lights on Ebay (yay me lol) and i have them installed as of sunday. The only thing is i did it just like it was set up to be hooked up but the fog lights have their own switch that has nothing to do with the head lights. just ran to the fuse box for ignition, battery for power then the switch, grounds, ect. What im wondering is, is there any way to hook it up factory way with out the ek harness? can i take the ignition "plug" and hook it up to the OEM fog light Plug on the engine harness and it will work with the headlights, cut off with high beams, ect? Does anyone know where i may be able to find the regular OEM harness with out costing a arm and leg? Can just hook the "battery" connector to the fuse box for ignition power and run the "ignition" plug to the OEM engine plug and it will work fine? i wanna know before i start experimenting and end up doing a bunch of unneeded work. Any help on this would be great and ive researched and researched and found where i can do it through the engine harness plug but i have to have a "4 pin plug" for under the dash? maybe i would need to locate the fuse for the "OEM fog light" in the fuse panel and install a fuse? im actually getting confused on this so please anyone else with EK fog lights and that have done them let me know. In my state (VA) we must have them cut off with high beams also. that's the main reason im trying to get this work all OEM, instead of taking it all out next inspection.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:18 AM

If they are wired anything like the 99-00 fog lights, there is a DIY writeup in the DIY section on ebay fog lights that will explain how to make them work like stock.