The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

DIY Section Overhaul Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

ill start doing some

Old 01-24-2010, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
DIY testing for spark and problem troubleshooting by RonJ
DIY: How to Clean Your IACV
DIY: Coolant Flush
Compression Test by Forty04
Changing out Spark Plugs by mill$civic
Oil Change DIY by civicexracer
Using Sea Foam Motor Treatment by x2100
Also there is a Coolant Change DIY by Forty04 but it's missing pics and has some text/character issues... not sure if that thread is necessary since I made that other one "DIY: Coolant Flush"

I think a better name for the section might be like "General Maintenance and Repairs" since some of the stuff isn't so routine, like testing for spark... but I think that the testing for spark should be in there.
I think that a CEL Check DIY should be in there too
I kind of had in mind the section being like our general tech section, but for DIYs... as in that it's mostly tech/maintenance/repair related, whereas the other subforums of the DIY section are primarily modifications

Old 01-24-2010, 07:11 PM

Keep 'em coming guys. I saw a few new ones pop up so I added the links to the list. Let's actually finish something we start. This is day 1 and we've made some progress already.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:13 PM

Oh hey I have another idea... for all DIYs, can HCF staff host the pics on the HCF server, that way nothing gets lost? People frequently delete photobucket pics and accounts and pics are lost forever.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 01-24-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:24 PM
HCF Member

yup nice progress guys, hopefully these DIY's should bring traffic onto our site.

btw... i've been annoyed of have to change the options to show all the post in the DIY section. is there a way that the mods or admins can change this so that all the post in the DIY sections are displayed?

Old 01-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i reccomended that to greddy civic on aim aswell

Old 01-24-2010, 08:09 PM
HCF Member

woot!!! looks like thats fixed now

Old 01-25-2010, 01:14 AM
HCF Member

I Can do the Gauge Cluster Removal with pictures... i can have that done tomorrow.. err.. today ha ha yay for 2 AM,

But i agree with putting the images on HCF, else they WILL be lost, and make the DIY's Useless, or a little harder to follow, ya know?

If there are any other Interior DIY's that you guys was with pictures, i might be able to get them done tomorrow if you would like, if so just tell me ok? i will check before i go out to the shop.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:18 AM

Hey guys, I need to remind you that its important that you PM a moderator the text of your DIY with the image links in the body of the PM. That way a mod can post it in the DIY section and we don't get that annoying "thread moved" thing on it.

And if you make a new DIY, post the link here! I keep seeing new ones pop up but no one is posting them here!

Old 01-25-2010, 02:08 PM

Don't stop the momentum! It's been like 11 hours and no one has been around....

Quick Reply: DIY Section Overhaul Project