The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Have any running out of gas stories?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 05:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Have any running out of gas stories?

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

Does anybody else drive downhill a lot when they're low on gas to make the guage read higher?

Or maybe I'm the only one
haha yea. how about parking on a hill? my drive way is on a hill, and when im low on gas i park there so it looks like i have a bit more gas lol [sm=w00t.gif]

Old 05-25-2007, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

Does anybody else drive downhill a lot when they're low on gas to make the guage read higher?

Or maybe I'm the only one
I live at the top of a hill and if i am that low on gas i will gun it to the peak then coast 2km's down to the intersection lol

Old 05-25-2007, 10:02 PM
HCF Member

I pushed it till it had trouble starting a couple days ago. Then I parked it facing downhill to get another start out of it lol.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:48 AM

Ive never run out of gas, but I have had a full tank of diesel......I guess thats kind of the same thing. Only more expensive

Old 05-27-2007, 11:02 PM
HCF Member

Lets see my family had a 94 camaro, once you got it to half a tank you were pretty much screwed. Gas gauge just didnt work right. usually when I drove it I would run it to about a half and then coast into town.

The guys I work for in the summer time have several 70's international pick-ups I drive one out to the field all the time 4 mpg. They chug gas but can pull anything. I was driving to the field one day with the tank in the bed full but locked and I didnt have the key to unlock it. Well I ran out, had a full tank in back but no way to get it open to put in the pick up.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:27 AM
HCF Member

ive come close a couple of times. 1st time I was in AZ going to Ca to see my mom and little sister. Well it was December and it was like 330am. Going up and down the moutains and then the next thing I knew I was in the red for gas and was ohh S*** had like 20+ miles till the gas station so basically i had to hammer it going up the hills and coast itdown. Car started to sputter when I pulled up to the pump. So I shut off and kept the car rolling to the pump. And the second one was out on I-8 heading to San Diego out in the desert of SOcal and almost did the same thing but was at the red line. Didnt like buying gas in Cali, because its too god darn tootin expensive.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:18 AM

I'll try to make this short.

I was 18, so thats like... 6 years ago..
I was riding with my friend in his 95dx coupe. We had went to his dads house in Portland (about 3 hours from home)
We didnt have any fun, so at about 12 at night we decided to head back home so we could wake up early and go wakeboarding.

at about 1:30 or so he wakes me up, and hes freaking out said hes out of gass as we coast down a off ramp. We ended up in some sort

of ghost town or something. We parked next to another car, everything in the town was dark. We walked down the middle main street
it seemed like something out of a movie. At the end of the street we could see lights. We figured we'd go down there and ask the person if
they had a knife or something we could buy (to cut a garden hose to syphen gas out of the car we parked next to)

When we get to the end of the road, its some carnival folks packing up what looked to be like some small tents or something. SO FREEKY. We ask

the man if he had a knife, he pulls out some rambo knife i give the guy 25$ deposit and we ran to find someones garden hose. We get the hose, take the knife
back run back to the car, as we are opening the other gas tank a car rolls up.

we throw the hose under the car, and realise it was cop. Figures the ONLY car we see moving in this town in the last 30min is a cop. he comes up to us and says,
What you boys doin? Im thinkin OH GREAT! I look at him and said, we are out of gas, can you call us a taxi. He said there is no taxi in this town, the neerest gas
station is 15miles back the other direction. He says, HOP in i'll give you a ride.

I look at my friend and say, NO ****?

We ride with the 5-0 up the freeway, he tells us stories about not driving past 75 that cops will overlook anything before 75.
So he takes us to the gas station, as soon as we get out of the car to get gass, he takes off. We get gass and look around and saw
him accross the street at a 24 hour taco bell. He drives back and gives us a ride to the car. I tried to pay him some cash for his trouble.

he looks at me and says, I dont want your $$$ just dont come back here.

Oh.. ok.. No prob. later...

Old 05-28-2007, 10:28 AM
HCF Member

lmao what a story... DONT COME BACK HERE..

ive never run out of gas but once that light comes on in my civic i drive another day or two. it goes way faster when its that low on gas haha

Old 05-30-2007, 07:40 AM

Firrkan, holy *** it looks like you took a picture of my car.