The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Im getting engaged...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 08:31 AM
HCF Member
Default Im getting engaged...

Well, we now have a set date on when im going to ask her. Dec. 25th. We went, shoped for rings, she picked mine out and gave me detail but hasnt showed me, im still in the process of buying hers. Now most of you are guys here so youll probly understand what the f*ck im about to talk about. Everyone here knows its a huge step...and every guy out there things "man...am I ready to do this and is this the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with." Every human being gets that atleast once come across their head, mostly guys. And would you rather have noone know or involved until AFTER the event, or the day of the event, am I right? Well she told her friends, of course, shes a girl, why wouldnt she. And shes complaing to me that I havnt told my friends yet...im a guy...I dont need drama and to be critisized for 3 months and try to talk me out of it for 3 months until it actually happens (my dad just congradulated me as im typing this about our anniversery haha). Now, my friends arnt %100 fond of her, who wouldnt be, I see her a lot, she sees me a lot, and we both are eachothers priority. I enjoy spending time with her, more than my own friends, just feels more....whatever you wanna call it. I love her a lot, and would give anything to make her happy and give her everything she needs. They will know when im engaged when im wearing the ring. Shes a girl...shes supposed to talk about that stuff, im a guy, I wait until it happens before I boast about something. Am I right or should I just spread the news

Old 09-25-2007, 08:33 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Im getting engaged...

dude who gives a hoot what your friends think?

go for it and Congratulations!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:39 AM
HCF Member

. Thanks man...I feel so great about it and I cant wait till the day comes

Old 09-25-2007, 08:42 AM
HCF Member

- not sure I understand, you're proposing marriage this Christmas, or you're getting married this Christmas? - either way, she probably wants to be congratulated and acknowledged as your Fiance by YOUR friends, it's important to her, if your engaged, announce your engagement - if your pre engaged I'm not sure what the etiquette is, it's all about makin her happy. Congratulations!!!!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:47 AM
HCF Member

10 - 20 years from now your wife will still be around , but your friends you have now will be long gone
i've been with my wife for 22 years , married for 15 years , all of my friends except 1 has gotten married ,had kids & moved away , its just the way it is

friends come & go[:@] , a wife is ...... well ..... to death do us part[&:]

Old 09-25-2007, 08:48 AM
HCF Member

Congratulations man, dont worry about your friends, they will always say stuff like that. I bet you none of them are married or engaged right?

I know cause i just got engaged myself in sept and were getting married on March 15 2008.

My same friends that tell me im creazy and blah blah al agree on one thing;

"i hope we get invited omar" lol, bunch os sukkas lol

If yoyu love her go for it, love is all it takes man trust me. My Finace dont work becuase she has SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder) but i love her, she cooks great, looks good (Costa rican and Domnican) and did i mention she cooks great?

Seriously man its your life, if you ove her, and only you know what that really means, go for it.

Best wishes,
Omar

Old 09-25-2007, 09:06 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: gocoho

- not sure I understand, you're proposing marriage this Christmas, or you're getting married this Christmas? - either way, she probably wants to be congratulated and acknowledged as your Fiance by YOUR friends, it's important to her, if your engaged, announce your engagement - if your pre engaged I'm not sure what the etiquette is, it's all about makin her happy. Congratulations!!!!
Proposing future marriage, that wont take place for a couple more years. We both decided Im going to wait till im 21 to get married so I can get trashed. We just want the title of engagement, to be one, its what we both want and what we cant wait for. Thanks for all your support, maybe ill remember to send pics of the ring asap

Old 09-25-2007, 09:17 AM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: KoshaK

ORIGINAL: gocoho

so I can get trashed.
You'll NEVER hear the end of that one...