The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Its about time!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 11:43 AM
HCF Member
Default Its about time!

well, my window regulator for my drivers side door has been broken for about a year, so that means i cant roll it down without it poping off track, and being a pain to get to go back up right. I got my income tax back and i have to go pick up the part from the dealer today. which kinda makes me mad cuz my uncle could have ordered it through his shop for like $20 cheaper...but oh well. And, on top of having a functional drivers window....i can get my windows tinted....so thats mostlikley what will happen this weekend! SCORE!

Old 02-28-2007, 11:45 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Its about time!

It's amazing what you can get used to. I couldnt' open my driver's door from the inside on my old car. When I got the Super D I would always roll the window down to get out.

Fixing something like that is like a breath of fresh air.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

schweeet! If you need any tips or pointers let me know, I just did this not too long ago.

Have fun!

Old 03-01-2007, 09:55 AM
HCF Member

thanx, i was at the dealrship and the guy was like "wow, who gets to have fun putting that in?" im like "Me, and my uncle might help"....he didnt expect that comeing from a 17 year old...it was kida easy, the hardest part was getting the glass to stay in both tracks, thats where you need two people. Also, i made an oppointment at the tint shop at 8..which is odd, cuz they dont open till 9....i guess since i asked him for an early one, he decided to hook me up since he was full. but he priced it at $139, which is sweet cuz my buddy paid like $160 for both of his accords.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

sweet man!

I actually swapped mine without the aid of a 2nd person, are you sure your tracks are aligned? Just making sure it doesn't happen to you again

Old 03-01-2007, 10:06 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

sweet man!

I actually swapped mine without the aid of a 2nd person, are you sure your tracks are aligned? Just making sure it doesn't happen to you again
+1 on this, make sure the track on the side is aligned too, cuz if not, even with the new regulator, it will come off track again, and if didnt come off track, it will, and your gonna need to put another regulator in, so make sure the track is aligned... good luck bro

Old 03-01-2007, 09:34 PM
HCF Member

My window fell off track once too, so i took apart the door and just aligned it up and tightened a screw. How do you know if the regulator is bad?

Old 03-01-2007, 10:10 PM
HCF Member

yeah i needed the help of a second person when i did this too, just to help hold stuff. It's impressive forty that you did it yourself.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

My tracks must have been perfectly in line or something.. I literally droped the glass into place in about 10 seconds [&:]

Cyber, there are a few different things that can ahppen with the regulator to make it go nuts. On mine, it was the pivot point in the middle. Its a goofy *** bolt/clip thing, that is either tight, or not, theres no inbetween. So it was wobbly as hell and the gears would lose contact

Old 03-02-2007, 11:51 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

My window fell off track once too, so i took apart the door and just aligned it up and tightened a screw. How do you know if the regulator is bad?
when my window didnt go back up so me an my uncle took it all apart, and the little wheel thing on the bottom track was broke, so he tried to weld it...and melted the wheel....cuz he sux at welding..lol so i had to leave it up...sucked when i got pulled over, i was all trying to roll it back up and pull it and stuff.. lol

thanks guys the install was really easy once the door was pulled apart...now this saturday i get my windows tinted at 8 which is sweet cuz they dont open till 9...but since i asked for a morning appt. he hooked me up cuz he was full till 11 or 12. so. props to him.