The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Roll Cage

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Default Roll Cage

Ok this didn't exactly fit in any other topic so I figured I'd post it here. I was bored and took some measurements and some pics and designed a partial roll cage for my 'vic. Here's some pics... the light grey is the actual support beams and the dark grey is the harness bar.

Opinions on whether this would work? Hold up under pressure?

Old 12-21-2005, 08:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Roll Cage

Do you have enough power or do you drive hard enough to warrant the time and money its gonna cost you to get a roll cage. I hope ur gonna build it yourself, i suspect its gonna cost u an arm and a leg to have it made. Is car stripped down?

Old 12-21-2005, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

^ hes right, your gonna be in for it.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:47 PM
HCF Member

i wouldnt really think its necessary. i didnt know your car was stripped. i thought that was your daily driver?

Old 12-21-2005, 09:27 PM

I have competition racing seats. And yes I do plan on making/having it made I got a guy in town who will do good work for a great price. as for having the hp to warrant it, this is an upgrade for down the road, as in more than year, maybe two and by then well we will see. Also there is a hillclimb in my town every year, but need a roll cage to participate. I'd like to participate in this eventually. As for how much it's going to cost... eh I'll be happy if under 500.

Old 12-21-2005, 09:57 PM
HCF Member

Hillclimbing? Our civics are good for a lot of things, climbing up a hill is not one of them. My wheels spin in like an inch of snow/ice (new all season tires). And i think you could prolly build that roll cage if you have a pipe bender and a mig welder. Mig welder isn't that hard to get, but that pipe bender is gonna be a problem.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Recognized HCF Member

its gonna look sick though once you get it done....

Old 12-22-2005, 12:23 AM
HCF Member

dont build your own cage unless you know what you are doing. I used to weld semi-professionally, and im enlisting help when I cage my cars. every weld has to be perfect, and the cage has to be designed properly, or it wont be legal for a lot of competition. and by hill climb i thihnk he meant on-road, not rock-crawler style.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:33 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Chimera02EX

I have competition racing seats. And yes I do plan on making/having it made I got a guy in town who will do good work for a great price. as for having the hp to warrant it, this is an upgrade for down the road, as in more than year, maybe two and by then well we will see. Also there is a hillclimb in my town every year, but need a roll cage to participate. I'd like to participate in this eventually. As for how much it's going to cost... eh I'll be happy if under 500.
Sweet man!! I'm looking into this right now too, although in my case it'll be a little easier. Theres a dude with a 99 coupe selling his professionally built cage locally. I just gotta talk him down in price.

Old 12-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Administrator

you guys do understand the amount of weight added by a cage, right? i was thinking of putting on in the stratus when i was planning of supercharging it...

Quick Reply: Roll Cage