The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

So I'm stuck driving this to the rest of the week...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Default RE: So I'm stuck driving this to the rest of the week...

Sweet, have fun going back to your Mustang lol.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:09 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mustangphil302
Oh I couldn't care less, the company pays for it, so the T/C is off too.
Or, what Mercedes would lead you to believe is off... Their cars are funky, they'll let the power go but you can't turn off the stability control so it'll still apply brakes if you get loose or something like that. It's not really off. Hell of a nice car though.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: amg6975

ORIGINAL: mustangphil302
Oh I couldn't care less, the company pays for it, so the T/C is off too.
Or, what Mercedes would lead you to believe is off... Their cars are funky, they'll let the power go but you can't turn off the stability control so it'll still apply brakes if you get loose or something like that. It's not really off. Hell of a nice car though.
+1 Their traction control is the Norton Security suite of traction controls... it's never fully off

Old 11-26-2007, 08:07 PM
HCF Member

Dam i wish i worked somewhere that one of the perks was to drive one of those sexy beasts. Have fun with that petal to the floor all day long FTW

Old 11-27-2007, 07:35 AM
HCF Member

Is it bulletproof?

Old 11-27-2007, 03:41 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SovXietday

Sweet, have fun going back to your Mustang lol.
Dude, I haven't driven the Stang in a year, it just sits there at work under a cover. I always take cars from work and they include Mercedes, Subaru, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Hyundai. And if I don't I drive the Civic, killer gas mileage for my 100 mile one way commute, but that's not very often (the Civic part)

ORIGINAL: SuBlime_4_LiFe

Dam i wish i worked somewhere that one of the perks was to drive one of those sexy beasts. Have fun with that petal to the floor all day long FTW
Wait till you see what I had to drive to accumulate 300 miles on last night. I can't believe I got paid to do this. I'll post pix later, I'm still working, long day and long night, but I'll get it done.

ORIGINAL: KoshaK

Is it bulletproof?
Nope.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:02 PM
HCF Member

OK, as promised here are the pix with a little story. Like I mentioned before, I had to put some miles on the car (around 300) and I was in Hollywood.

So at 7pm I grab the car and this is the mileage on it:

Name:  SLR00111.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  33.6 KB

I figured, I'll go home (San Diego), take a shower and go back and that will put me close to my 300 mile mark. So of course when I got home I had to put the 500K+ in my garage:

Name:  SLR0122.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  66.5 KB

So then I get back to Hollywood around 12:30am and need to fuel the car for the next morning's drive. I pull into Chevron and couple of guys admire the car and one asks if he can take a picture, sure go ahead. So he takes a few with his phone. I had to go to the window to give my cc 'cause the pump wasn't working and as I'm waiting I keep an eye out on the car while the same guy uses a regular camera now. Another guy pulls up in a Porshe and I can hear him say "yeah, take some more, make us some money". That seemed a bit strange to me. So after I drop my cc down I walk over to the pump but had to walk through first set of pumps (I was in a center island). As soon as I make it over the first island another guy jumps out of an SUV and BAM! there is a video camera right in my face, then I notice another car pulling in and wouldn't you know it, it's dumbass paris hilton. And then a dozen more paparazzi show up and swarm her. I had my regular camera and video and wasn't gonna be a part of that frenzy. I hate her! So after she gets out, pays, pumps, gets back in the car I snap a shot of the circus that travels with her:

Then after the 10 minute insanity is over, I take few more shots of the true beauty and value...

Name:  SLR0266.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  77.6 KB
Name:  SLR0255.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  74.5 KB

Next morning (today) I snapped bunch of shots before they departed and at the lunch spot in Malibu, and here are a few:

Name:  SLR0388.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  124.1 KB
Name:  SLR0488.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  99.4 KB
Name:  SLR0599.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  112.7 KB

Overall I not very pleased with the quality of pix so I'm gonna make some adjustments in the camera and snap bunch more on Thursday. I still can't believe I get paid to do this. Sorry for the long read.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:40 AM
HCF Member

What exactly is it you do again? I gotta look your job up when I get ready for a career

Old 12-02-2007, 12:17 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: KoshaK

What exactly is it you do again? I gotta look your job up when I get ready for a career
I'm a manager for alogistics company (www.eventsolutions.net). We have a press fleet for the manufacturers I listed before and we also do ride and drive events. We did Auto Show in Motion for GM, Ultimate Driving Experience for BMW, etc.,we are involved with autoshows, and things like that. We do new vehicle launches as well. Here is couple of our events shot by a guy I work with http://youtube.com/watch?v=PIjK1OLML_k, http://youtube.com/watch?v=MTYKVTk8s3E.I was driving Maybach 62 tonight for some other Mercedes event. And that's pretty much what I do.