The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

SOS from a newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:38 AM
Default SOS from a newbie!

Hello folks.

This may seem kind of weird... I came here hoping to find a solution for a problem. I know it's kind of a long shot, but what the heck.

Is anyone here fond of the '85 Honda Civic Wagon? I mean really fond? As in "has time and resources to restore one and would just love the chance" fond?

I've had mine for a long time, I learned to drive, got into and out of all kinds of trouble, and went on many road trips with her. Sadly, last week the cam shaft broke. I just don't have the resources to fix this.

But the thought of sending her off to the scrapyard breaks my heart.

Anyway, on the off-chance there's someone out there who has a thing for this model, I'm sure we could come to some kind of arrangement, whether a sale, trade, or I might even go so far as "free to a good home".

I know I'm being overly sentimental about a car, but love is strange.

Anyway, let me know ASAP if you're interested, I don't have a lot of time to find a place for her. If worse comes to worst, I'll probablly donate her to a local charity. (but they'll probably sell her to a scrapyard, I imagine. It just won't be on my hands)

Old 05-24-2007, 01:14 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: SOS from a newbie!

you could donate it to like automotive class.