The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Take That!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 07:58 PM
HCF Member
Default Take That!

Palin FTW!

please tell me why the first term governor of alaska who has done more in her time than Obama and Biden combined isn't qualified to be VP, while Obama is qualified to be Commander in Chief?

Obama is no where near ready to be president. Period.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:50 PM

Well let's start with the fact that she's twisting the facts of the bridge to nowhere. She did in fact support it, but when it became controversial she suddenly changed her mind.
Also, she supports teaching creationism in public schools, which is a bit radical.
She wanted books banned from her local library while mayor, and she had the librarian fired, and then people protested the firing of the librarian, and she backed off.
She wants Roe v. Wade overturned.
She doesn't believe the majority of scientists about global warming.
I cannot support these radical viewpoints. There is such a thing as church and state, and her ideas seem to threaten that separation and therefore somewhat threaten America and possibly religous freedom. So she wants them to force teaching Creationism in public schools? I assume that only includes the Christian viewpoints. What about all the other religions that involve creation?
If I was forced to learn about Christianity in public school, I would have been pissed, because that's not what I was there for. I was there to learn actual proven facts, not something written in a book that has little to no factual evidence. (not to offend anyone over religion, i don't care what religion people are as long as it isn't imposed upon me)

Sure she was mayor, but there were only 6,000 people in her town, and she has only been governor for 2 years, and governor of a very unpopulated state. This is really not that much experience either anyway.

I like that she sold her Jet, but a couple things like that does not make up for her other extreme policies.

I would have to argue that Obama and Biden have each done just as many things in their lives, they just haven't been in executive positions. So what? We need someone to change Washington and "experience" isn't necessarily a huge factor on my list, because if we want change we need someone that doesn't have that sort of experience. I think that John McCain could change Washington some also, but I don't agree with his policies and I cannot support him. Obama is a much better candidate in my opinion in terms of change and policies, and I think he is more likely to spark change than McCain.

I have to admit, she is a good speaker, but I disagree with almost all of her opinions, and therefore cannot support her.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-04-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Excellent points Trust. Obama and Biden could use you for their campaign. Given that you just squashed mcmichael13, the forum now needs Sacicons' opposing viewpoints to give some balance to the thread!

Old 09-04-2008, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by RonJ
Excellent points Trust. Obama and Biden could use you for their campaign. Given that you just squashed mcmichael13, the forum now needs Sacicons' opposing viewpoints to give some balance to the thread!
lol, even my dad who's a republican agrees with me about the experience thing. The only thing he doesn't agree with Obama about is taxes and Iraq, but those are the two biggest things he cares about. Although, he said he might vote for Bob Barr, so i don't care anymore that he's not voting for Obama because it still takes away from McCain. LOL

Old 09-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Cat Fuсker

I dislike that Obama is a threat to the second amendment. I also dislike the fact that "change" is spoken of and when I ask his supporters of WTF is going to change they do not give me a coherent answer, which makes me think that Obama is trying to go on a celebrity ticket. I also dislike universal healthcare....I lived with it and it sucks. Oh and WHY THE HELL do I have to pay for other people's healthcare? I already pay for the thousands on welfarewho are just too lazy to live an honest life, why add more to that? I am just fine paying for my overpriced health insurance plan, thank you much.

Now that being said McCain is also evil, but he's the lesser of the two.

P.S. Palin is hot, but that's beyond hte point.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Roto
I also dislike universal healthcare....I lived with it and it sucks. Oh and WHY THE HELL do I have to pay for other people's healthcare? I already pay for the thousands on welfarewho are just too lazy to live an honest life, why add more to that? I am just fine paying for my overpriced health insurance plan, thank you much.
Because the government wants you to care about people other than yourself. Do you want the country as a whole to be better financially or just yourself?
Also, as I previously mentioned, there are many people on welfare who are just plain unlucky, or were never given a fair chance. And many of those people finally become somewhat successful and end up paying for other peoples welfare. It's a circle in essence.

Anyway, I also wanted to add about Palin that she said something very foolish last night. She said community organizers don't have real responsibilities. Well, that belittles all community organizers, i.e. the little guys. It's hypocritical because the republican party has been trying to say she is a small town person and that Obama's an elitist. Well, what she said last night was the most elitist thing I have heard in this entire campaign for the White House by any candidate. It just proves that she's not the working class hero they project her as and that she is out of touch with what affects everyday americans. Obama, being a past community organizer, has helped to deal with these problems head on. I think that shows how much he cares about ordinary people, and how qualified he is to help America, when he has helped so many people in South Chicago.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Cat Fuсker

I really couldn't give a damn more about other people. I pay my taxes for things like roads and police. Get your unlucky *** off the couch and do society a favor by ending yourself. I once worked at the welfare office. In my 6 months there I've seen about 15!!!! people who were truely unable to work in one way or another. Out of many hundreds. It's a fact of life that some people wil be unlucky and that should be accepted by the government. Welfare has got to be the most abused system ever created. Also why should I get punished for my hard work at becoming financially well off? I'm close to the next tax bracket and with this assclown (Obama) my taxes will go higher FOR WHAT??? So that some douchebag who doesn't want to work for a living now can get health insurance in addition to the goddamn foodstamps that he gets??

Old 09-04-2008, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Roto
Get your unlucky *** off the couch and do society a favor by ending yourself.
Is this directed at me?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Cat Fuсker

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Is this directed at me?

No. I usually don't personally attack people unless it's in the HCF chat.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:27 PM

By the way, with Obama, taxes are only going up for people who make $250,000 or more per year. Not sure if that's you or not.

Quick Reply: Take That!