The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Take That!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:05 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by mcmichael13
there is plenty of science behind it... the final conclusion is where do you put your faith... in the odds that our world went from chaos to order, from nothing to something.... or in a creator that is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent.
What is the science behind creationism? I truly am curious.

Last edited by AgentofDarkness; 09-09-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by mcmichael13
i dont know about your high school bio class, but we spent a good couple weeks on it and i was tested on darwinism... i refused to write essays on it because i didnt believe in it. maybe not in your schools but i learned of evolution and darwinism far before high school, in elementary school.
They're not forcing you to believe in it. It's called a "theory" for a reason. Creationism is also a theory.
If you want to learn about creationism, go to sunday school, or go to a private church school, that's what they're for. It's not like anyone's stopping you from learning creationism or denying you a chance to learn about it.

If you went to school and refused to write about evolution, then you already had formed an opinion and you already knew what you believed in, and you already knew about creationism. Therefore, you did not need to be taught creationism in school because you had already learned about it. You just want everyone else in your class to learn about it. If they want to learn about it, they'll go join a church or youth group or whatever and learn about it.

I understand that Christians want to get more church members and convince people that creationism is true, which isn't a bad thing. It does become a bad thing when you expect everyone to believe it.

Also, in my freshman english class in high school, my teacher forced us to learn biblical allusions, and if we didn't learn them we'd fail our test on them. Even though they're not supposed to be taught, it still does happen.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-09-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:41 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
They're not forcing you to believe in it. It's called a "theory" for a reason. Creationism is also a theory.
If you want to learn about creationism, go to sunday school, or go to a private church school, that's what they're for. It's not like anyone's stopping you from learning creationism or denying you a chance to learn about it.
you basically just proved my point. They are not forcing me to believe in evolution, but they are forcing me to learn about it. I guess using your reasoning, evolution should be taught in separate sanctions as well, where a person can choose to go there if they want.

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
I understand that Christians want to get more church members and convince people that creationism is true, which isn't a bad thing. It does become a bad thing when you expect everyone to believe it.
see that isn't necessarily true. The commission by Jesus was not "go and get a really big church together with lots and lots of members and a really fancy building". The commission was "go ye into all the world and preach the gospel". My mission is not to get people to join my church. It is however to let people know that the sin of this life will be judged after. My purpose is to share that there is an escape, a sacrifice that has been provided.

I know a good deal about many religions, and I am not part of any of them. Non-denominational is what I am, following no man made religion.

Agent, I'll write you up some things on the science behind creation, just can't do that at work right now.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:50 AM
HCF Member

wow... 13 pages of douchbaggery and going from politics to evolution v. creationism...

PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME !!!!