The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Take That!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Roto
No. I usually don't personally attack people unless it's in the HCF chat.
Okay, for a second I thought you were mad at me, I see what you meant now.
Yea, I agree that welfare is probably the most abused system. It really needs to be reformed and regulated better.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Cat Fuсker

I personally hope that I will be making that much at some point. When I do it will be due to hard work and dedication. So why should my taxes go up again? Cause I work my *** off?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Cat Fuсker

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Okay, for a second I thought you were mad at me, I see what you meant now.
Yea, I agree that welfare is probably the most abused system. It really needs to be reformed and regulated better.
LOL

Old 09-04-2008, 08:36 PM

Well if you make less than $250,000, under Obama's plan your taxes will in fact go down... so I don't see why you oppose his tax plan.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Cat Fuсker

I oppose it because 1). I plan on getting there. 2). why should hard woking people who did get there pay for those who don't bother working? You think it's easy to get to that level??? No, but the idea to tax "rich" people flows so well with the general public most of which knows that they will never get to that level.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:41 PM

There is also a large problem with people not even knowing the different candidates specific platforms, and the distortion of facts by the candidates. McCain says Obama will raise taxes, but he doesn't state that it's only for people above $250,000. Also, McCain says he will lower taxes, but does not mention that he'll only lower taxes for large corporations and the rich.
I bet you watch FOX news, right? lol, jp

Old 09-04-2008, 08:47 PM

I also agree that it's not fair that peoples' money is taken by the government and used for federal programs, but those programs are mostly necessary to maintain/improve the state of the country.

Say someone gets rich and owns a large retail business. Well, if the rest of the country has little money, that person has to lower prices to keep any business, and will have less customers, and the money he does make is substantially less than before. I think then, that person would want to invest some of his money in the general population to improve the economy so that he can make more money again.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-04-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Cat Fuсker

Don't even go there I don't have TIME for watching TV. I in fact did go over both candidate's platforms since I was seriously considering voting this time, but looking at the "dumb and dumber" choices I might sit this one out since it doesn't matter. Both will give us nothing but bull****. I don't like big change that is promised by Obama. Change costs money. Money that we will borrow from China because we don't have it! How much do we already owe them again? Enough to say that they own 1/4 of the country or not? I don't like McCain cause I don't like wars. I don't believe that with him we will get out of Iraq and Afganistan and won't get into a war with Iran. My take on it is - stop spending on things we shouldn't care much about rio goves a crap about now. Who cares about making Iraq a democracy? We went there based on lies and we are still being fed lies about it. Screw it, fix the infrastructure, cut the idiotic social programs, and kill the deathrow prisoners.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Cat Fuсker

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
I also agree that it's not fair that peoples' money is taken by the government and used for federal programs, but those programs are mostly necessary to maintain/improve the state of the country.

Ok, tell me how does welfare improve the state of the country? I can agree with things like insurance for kids whose parents are down the bottom and can't afford it. Paying for kids I can live with. Everything else needs to go.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by Roto
I oppose it because 1). I plan on getting there. 2). why should hard woking people who did get there pay for those who don't bother working? You think it's easy to get to that level??? No, but the idea to tax "rich" people flows so well with the general public most of which knows that they will never get to that level.
I may have missed it, but I haven't heard that either the McCain or Obama administrations would abolish the Welfare program. Therefore, you'll pay for this program that you and others dislike regardless of who wins the election. Have either campaigns mentioned plans for any major reforms of the Welfare program?

Quick Reply: Take That!