Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

1992 honda civic with a LSV Turbo Swap. cant get it to start

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Question 1992 honda civic with a LSV Turbo Swap. cant get it to start

hi i have a 1992 honda civic hatchback wit a LSV turbo. when i first got the car it was running good but now i cant even get it to start. i have been working on it for over a year now and still cant figure the car out so i need some good advice. since the car havent start ive change the coil, plugs, wires, main relay, tps sensor, map sensor, fuel filter, distributor cap, and the car still dont want to start. it has a obd1 ecu with hondata chipped. the only way we got it to start was when me and one of my buddy worked on it and how we got it to start was me crankin on the car while he put his hand over the throttle body and blocked it from getting air from the intake pipe and it started back up. took it for a test drive after and it runs good but when i floor it the car would bog down on me and its like its not getting a good spark or enough fuel. so if theres anyone out there with any good advice plz help me out cause i'm running out of ideas. thank you and waitin to hear some good advice. oh yeah i made a call to a local mechanic and he said it could be my fuel filter or fuel pump. it cant be the fuel filter cause i just replace it. plz help me out.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:27 AM

Sounds like you have some DIRTY fuel injectors so try cleaning those and also look for a vacuum leak because that would prevent the motor from starting/running right.....thats what it sounds like to me hope this helps you