Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2001 Civic Hazard problem

Old 04-03-2018, 04:27 PM
Angry 2001 Civic Hazard problem

I have a 2001 Civic that has recently started to flash the blinkers after turning off the car, and draining the battery. I've read online about this, so I started with checking all the fuses (under dash/hood non blown and did the in/out thing several times with the fuses), changed the flasher relay, no change, replaced the hazard switch, no change, and just replaced the turn signal switch, no fix but now when I start the car, no turn signals work, no lights on dash, no clicking relay, I turn off the car and the the hazards start to flash, I turn on the headlights and the hazards turn off, this will go on like this several times until the hazards stop flashing completely. I also did the test-light check with the positive cable removed from the batter, clipped the test light to the cable terminal and the probe tip to the positive terminal of the battery resulting in a slow dim pulsing light, pulled each fuse in the car without the test light going off, but the 10amp Hazard under the hood seemed to make it little more dim when I pulled it out. I hope somebody has a clue what all this means because I sure don't...