Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

another seafoam question....

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:31 PM
HCF Member
Default another seafoam question....

ok so i know there are tons of thread about this and tons of things to read on the search way but after reading so much im starting to get skeptical....i read that alot of these attempts with seafoam are 50/50...like if there is alot of build on on seals that using this could clean that and you could have a leak that wasnt there before.Ive got right at 140,000 on mine and i just got it running again and i wanted to use this but i just dont want anything else to go wrong after all this other working ive had to do on the car.IF nothing is really THAT bad on the car should i just go ahead and wait on it or do you think i should go ahead and try it??...just didnt know how this was on higher mileage cars even though i read that its ok.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: another seafoam question....

ive never had a problem with oil leaks from using it.

if your scared about oil leaks just dont put it directly in the crank case. run it thru the gas tank and thru the vacume hose and after you let it sit and start it back up and once it stops smoking just change the oil and filter right after. that way it doesnt have time to free up any gunk build up on your oil seals...

and for higher milage motors i also use ENGINE RESTORE additive it does sometimes help restore compresion and oil consumsion. it wont do miracles BUT it does help.... ive always used a combo of these 2.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:14 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: another seafoam question....

well i wasnt really worried about the seals....i wasnt gonna put it in my crankcase anyways,just in the FPR and the gas tank.I was just wondering about any seals through the gas it might come in contact with.Yeah ive used restore too...need to get another can of that and put it in.So since my car is kinda on blocks right now can i do it in that state or do i need to be able to drive it down the block for this to be able to work???