Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Bizarre Right Window Problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 09:58 AM
Default Bizarre Right Window Problem!!!

So I am new to the import world but have been around cars for many years and this problem has me baffled. I have a 01 civic 2 door and the right window will go down but not up. The woman I bought the car from said the motor was bad as well as the switch so I replaced both and still it does not work. I also replaced the master switch... same issue. I checked continuity on the ground thinking it may be broken - good continuity to ground through the door. I also checked continuity from left side to right side and that tests good also. I checked voltage on master and passenger switches. When the switch is activated I see the polarity reverse. The battery is a bit low but the voltage is 11.6 volts up and down. All of this testing was done without the motor hooked up

I hook the motor up and activate the switch and the window goes down. I can read 11.6 volts on red and red/blue stripe wire. When I try to send the window up I read nothing on the set of wires. I can hook a battery to the wires and make the window go up and down without any problems so this indicates to me that the motor and regulator are fine. The master will also not control the passenger up or down yet I can read continuity between both sides. Could this be a relay problem? If so where is this relay located.

I have been unsuccessful on locating a wiring diagram for this car. Google shows me everything except what I am looking for. Has anyone else had this issue? I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks