Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

bosh platinum +4

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Default RE: bosh platinum +4

we ran a bunch of tests in school concerning different spark plugs bosch +4 are only better when running at 10,000 rpm or more, 4 electrodes means diddly squat, electricity follows the path of least resistance ALWAYS so 4 is no better than one i always use the 1.99 variety cuz i change them more frequently. thats the main differance in plugs is how long between changing them. now if you upgrade your whole ignition system, capcitor wires , msd ignition ,maybe even your dizzy you might need better plugs but other tahn that it all preferance.

Old 09-14-2005, 05:00 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: dj_ipirate

i have never seen them. most people just go for the cheapies. like gas. 93 all the way!

Not a personal attack by any means but why are you using 93 octane? If your car is not designed for high octane than performance can actually be worse than with the intended fuel. The octane number has to do with the formulas resistance to combustion as well as other things. So that means that 93 octane might not be burning completely and leaving excess crap in your motor and wasting fuel. Its a fairly common notion that 93 is just better but really it isnt if your car doesnt need it. And as for the spark plugs i have found that the NGK work lots better than any fancy expensive plug.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:43 PM
HCF Member

i had an overheating problem and the guys at the shop that fixed my warped head, said that those run hotter than most plugs, and that they were likely the problem. and then I started hearing more and more stories about people needing major headwork after using them for a period of time. and they were in all kinds of cars, not just hondas.

Old 09-14-2005, 11:08 PM
HCF Member

My cousin is a honda tech and when I took him my car for maintenance he said those plugs cause all kinds of issues with our cars. He said when cars come in with a lot of CEL issues that is the first thing he checks. Needless to say I did notice a difference with them when I first installed them, but I notice a difference when I first install any plug, or a simple oil change for that matter. What you have to understand is when you replace a worn out part on your car it will most likely make a positive diiference.