Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Car Audio output problem.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 11:58 AM
Default Car Audio output problem.

Hello there thanks for checking this post out. This certainly is a weird problem as you will soon find out. So, yesterday when I connected my bluetooth audio from my phone (galaxy s8) into my car (2015 Honda civic lx 4dr) the audio was not playing from the front left speaker. All other speakers seem to be working fine.

Now you might say yea it's a busted speaker or some kinda wire problem but stay with me it gets weirder. Trust me that was my first assessment too. Of course I checked the balance after that and it is all centered, however, I tired switching to radio and waalaa the sound is back on all speakers! Tried the aux cable and no problems there too.

The problem seems to be with bluetooth audio only. This sounds like some kinda software malfunction doesnt it? Like, how else would the speakers all work fine on all other types of input but only when playing through a bluetooth media the sound goes blank on the front left speaker!

If anyone has any idea as to how this could happen and/or what may be the cause lf the malfunction or specially if you've faced a similar situation before, your input is highly appreciated! Just wanted to post here before heading to the showroom to spend 300$ on 'diagnosis'.

Thank you for your time.