Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

CAR WONT START!! Need Help PLEASE... /Engine Compression readings?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Default CAR WONT START!! Need Help PLEASE... /Engine Compression readings?

Does anyone know what the compression readings should be for a 1.6L 2000 HondaCivic EX? Thanks. about to check tommorow hopefully their good

Heres the original post under general Talk:

Ok here goes, my fatherand mother havea 2000 Honda Civic Ex stock.Popsrides her pretty ruff and maintenance is not very comon for her still same plugs and wires etc and she has 112,000 miles and was running ok.He was driving down the freeway and suddenly the car just died on him, heput it in Neutral and coasted to the side of the freeway. Tried to start it turned the key and all it did wasgrrrrrrrrrrrr not catching.
They had taken it to a mechanic 3 months ago previouslyand he workedon theTiming belt replaced, water pump. MOFOcould of replaced the plugsor checked em out!
I swapped out the Plug and Wires and tried turning it on all it does is GRRGRRRGRRR trying to start but is not catching.
Next i thought of the fuel pump, probably dead: nope. Removed the fuel filter turned it on and gas was flowing out from the pump next I checked the filter itself by blowing through it, no problem.
Now im stuck!!! what should i do; Im not a mechanic so help me out guys and no hard terminology! Thanks ahead of time.

Some say Check compression (have to buy tool), some said that maybe the belt slipped off or something.

So what is the next step???? thank you Way ahead of time. need this car up and running. [align=right][/align]

Post #: 1

Please read thread, Fuel pump and Fuel Filter OK. Ive got spark, etc. Thanks ahead of time.