Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

curious question about the DMV inspectations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:14 AM
HCF Member

perhaps the OP is not from North America - or english is not his first language. Either way - the OP needs to make a little more sense, and include more tech info

here's a quote that makes just as much sense as OP

Q: "Whats the difference between a duck?"
A: "Because the elephant!"

Old 08-08-2010, 07:32 AM

Stop filling this tech thread with bullsh!t. Just don't post unless you can help. The OP stated that the car has a high idle in the first post.

The only thing that doesn't make complete sense is that he has a Y8 in a DX. So either the car was swapped, the cluster was swapped, of this is in another country where DXs came with a y8.

The year of the vehicle really doesn't matter, but would help if he gave it to us. A high idle issue is basically troubleshooted in the same fashion for most all vehicles pre-drive-by-wire I believe.

Regardless, lets have the OP chime in regarding the one helpful post that was made in this thread related to his problem.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Angry Admin

"but the y8 idles, but not that high"

Old 08-08-2010, 12:08 PM

Wow...it looks like he forgot one word, "but the y8 idles high, but not that high". (what else could he have been trying to say?)

How about we just hope English isn't his first/primary language

Old 08-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Angry Admin

it appears to be his first language, he's from minnesota.:| thats why i asked him to clarify in my original non pissed the **** off question. where he then in turn replied like an asshat. and brought us to the point we are at now.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:03 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jlor010
so my d16y8 starts fine everytime and interiors,exteriors, and lights work fine...but the y8 idles, but not that high...dont know the exact rpm since my coupe is a dx....and also i drove it, and its fine and everything and all lights work fine..bla, bla, bla...and no white smogs or black coming from the exhaust at all...and all the problem is just idleling....will i pass the DMV inspectations, if anyone knows of it let me know...that will help a lot...before i go inspect it and fail and pay for know reason....dont want to do that at all...
.....I believe no one answered his question yet.....and I think I know what he's trying to ask. He's worried about the correct RPMs at idle(I believe).

You'll be fine....Far as I know DMVs never test the RPMs.... WAY too easy to answer guys..no need for angry people that respond back & make the forum look bad.

Too easy...right?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:18 AM
HCF Member

why not just quit the arguing and find out how to help this poor guy, Ive been in need many times on here with issues i didnt know about, and got some great responses, and quick ones, and thats why i'm still here, most people are friendly, helpful, and fun on this forum. I came here because other forums are usually mean, disrespectful and make fun of you if you ask a stupid question, but in my book a stupid question is a question unasked.