Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Driver side window Prob

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 01:30 AM
HCF Member
Default Driver side window Prob

Well this morning I unroll my window (driver side) and on the way back it up it stops half way up I was wtf but then I noticed it was outside of the rubber track. it is the one that runs up and down then goes to the top of the window. anyways it is suppossed to go rubber strip window you but for some reason on the way back up it goes window rubber thingy you. I can't even roll up my window more than a quarter way. Am I screwed. If I take off the door panel will I be able to access the strip and however far it goes down. Will i ever be able to get the panel back on right? Is there directions on how to even take off the panel anywhere. Please holler at me asap because I am one cold **** right now. The ride to school is killer, not to mention the fact I can't leave it anywhere for a long period of time for security reasons. PLease help me.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:03 AM
Default RE: Driver side window Prob

On my car there are 2 screws on the inside door handle. After I take those out it just pops right off. Im constantly having to take mine out, sandpaper them, and reglue them. Just take a butterknife or other hard instrument, such as a screwdriver, and slide it along the window untill the rubber is back on track, then pop your door panel back on. Should only take you about 5 minits. But hey, cold isnt so bad. You could be like me.... with my heater stuck on 24/7.... in mississippi.... on the beach.... in 100+ degree weather....

Old 04-06-2005, 08:44 AM
HCF Member

On my car there are 2 screws on the inside door handle. After I take those out it just pops right off. Im constantly having to take mine out, sandpaper them, and reglue them. Just take a butterknife or other hard instrument, such as a screwdriver, and slide it along the window untill the rubber is back on track, then pop your door panel back on. Should only take you about 5 minits. But hey, cold isnt so bad. You could be like me.... with my heater stuck on 24/7.... in mississippi.... on the beach.... in 100+ degree weather....
i disagree this happens to my 96 coupe alot there are usually 3 screws around the speaker 1 on the door lock panel and 1 in the door handle. all you need is a 10 mm wrench, socket or an adjustable wrench. when you take off door panel ( remember to unplug speaker, power window and power door lock if equipt) you will see a 10mm bolt about 1 inch from where the peaker hole in the door is. if you put your hand into the speaker hole you can feel the track. what i did was experiment to see what was happening and where it was coming off at. so after putting window back on track and replacing the bolt but b4 replacing the door panel reconnect your power window switch and with one hand on the switch and the other hand on the track test it out and see why your window is coming off.

Old 04-06-2005, 10:34 AM
HCF Member

Well this is the first time it has happened but I will be taking off the door panel today and see what will happen. Hopefully I am able to set it back and remember my trouble and not roll it down all the way again.

Old 04-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Cat Fuсker
Old 04-06-2005, 07:58 PM
HCF Member

All fixed. i just took off the dor panel and set it back on track. It didn't fall off but thanks for linking to the article. THankd for the help. All fixed now.