Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Default electrical problem

well i think i might have a electrical problem i went in and started my car everything is fine and i went to a friends house and then when i went to start it when i was leaving it wouldnt start and there was no clickin noise from the starter so i jumped it it started but seemed to be idiling low i killed it to see if it would start and nothing jumped it again then started to drive home it was idiling low at the lights then i went to turn a corner n who knows wat happened but some lights on the guage blinked the wipers turned on jurked the car n then it was normal again except for the srs light. other rndom lights turn on n off n blink. alos my damn drivers window wont go up can ne one help me out with this or give me an idea of what it might be??? i checked the fuses and the ignition coil was blown i replaced it but got nothing out of it....

thanks in advance

Old 08-12-2005, 06:16 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: electrical problem

I would look for chafed wire, shorted wire, burnt wire or things like that behind steering wheel and gauges. Maybe loose screw floating around and making weird contacts?