Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Front End Accident Damage on 94 Del Sol

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Exclamation Front End Accident Damage on 94 Del Sol

Hello all ... Today on a really crappy rainy day i got into a rear end accident ... had quite a bit of distance but my car just slipped to the rear end of an suv.

Besides the broken accessories like the passenger headlight, broken radiator, leaking power steering fluid etc ... the major damage is on the front bulkhead member that is shown on thefirst picture after i took the car apart. They are the parts on the drawing on the last picture.

On the drawing for these parts it shows that they are separate parts when in reality the parts listed as 3, 10, 6, and 2 on the drawing seem to be rivetted or welded with small circles as an entire assembly. Does anyone know how these can be replaced? Or if this whole section has to be removed? Can anyone provide pictures on how they removed them. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Front End Accident Damage on 94 Del Sol-img_2021marked.jpg   Front End Accident Damage on 94 Del Sol-img_2002.jpg   Front End Accident Damage on 94 Del Sol-img_2001.jpg   Front End Accident Damage on 94 Del Sol-13sr20_b49.jpg  
Old 10-14-2009, 03:50 PM

Brutal hit.

The entire radiator core support comes out. Pretty much the whole metal front thing from fender to fender comes out. You have to drill out those tack welds to remove that piece, then weld a new one back on once the rest of the damage is straightened out.

Addiction2bass is the one to talk to on this one. Lets see if he pops in here.

[edit]
And you know, I think its been hit before. Half of that core support isn't painted.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:05 PM
HCF Member

ouch that was a nasty hit, I was in a similar accident but not as bad. But anyways yea wait for addiction2bass to come in here, he helped me fix mine.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well just because the bottom is painted black doesnt mean its been wrecked before...
IMO it looks better with it painted black behind any grill opening

ive done it to several old vechiles.

but ya thats not a bad hit... it was high so thats defiantly in your favor!
a simple front support, headlights, bumper cover,brace,foam, posibly radiator and ac condensor and MAYBE ac lines if they are cracked.... if your lucky they are just bent and you can slowly and carefully bend them back, but most likely the condenser is cracked since they are pretty fragile.

heres my REbuild thread of my old 96 civic that i bought wrecked.
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=68018
real work starts on page 4.

but if you have a drill or preferably air chisel gun you can drill or chisel and split out the spot welds on the core support. and before you cut out the core support then WAIT till you get your new core support!!!!!!! that way you know exactly where to cut out drill/chisel. i was unsure when i did mine.

also you need a drill, and a hammer and dolly would be best BUT you can use a simple piece of wood and smooth hammer head which will work just as good but might be harder in tight spots.
you will have to bend some metal flanges back no matter how you remove the damaged core support!

i bought all my replacement parts from this ebay seller.
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/p...tobodyparts03/
just search his store for the parts ya need.

if he doesnt have th epart you need listed simply email him he can probably get it.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:21 AM
Talking Same issue

My 94 sol has the same bent bracket... where did u find one and did you find out a part number for it?