Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

HELP PLEASE: Driver's Side Engine Mount Issue

Old 06-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Default HELP PLEASE: Driver's Side Engine Mount Issue

Hi there,

I have spent several days working on a 2001 Honda civic lx (Canadian).
The dealership busted the engine mount during a timing belt install, but they
blamed it on the age of the car. Now I have purchased the new engine mount OES version, and I am having problems installing it and removing the
previous damaged one.

I have taken off all bolts for the bracket and damaged engine mount, but
cannot get to the bolt beneath the ABS module. From what I read on the internet forums, most/some civics have this module located above the engine
mount and some don't. Unfortunately, mine has the ABS module there and I cannot get to the bolt using my torque wrench.

Is there anyone with experience with this, or can tell me how to get to that last bolt for removing the driver's side engine mount, or on how to remove the ABS module without getting into too much of a mess??

Any help would be much appreciated, the car hasn't been in use for a while, as I had to replace the 02 sensor, spark plugs and now the engine mount, without any previous DIY experience on cars. I really owe appreciation to this site. Thanks!

Old 06-22-2011, 10:13 AM

I also read this same issue is on the civic si and the acura el, mine is a civic 01 lx.

I have unbolted the two bolts on the bracket mount, and also removed two of the 3
bolts on the engine mount itself, it's just the one beneath the abs pump module. I can't
get to that bolt, and I read that it is easy, how can I do this please anyone?