Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

How does this sound?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Default RE: How does this sound?

ORIGINAL: boombringer

Well, I was planning on a race car that I drive around, thus explaining the stripped inrterior and no subs. I thought about getting a DD car and using this one for a race car but then what if a fellow rice burner starts reving at a stop light? And all I have is my DD car
Are you serious? Having a turboed SOHC and a stripped interior does NOT make your car a race car, it makes you foolish. The extrafraction of a secondthat you will save in a drag race with a stripped interior isn't going to do much for you... stripping your interior is more important for things like auto X and time attack (which you obviously have no intention of doing since you want to get ebay springs) Keep your interior, you'll regret taking it out and girls will NEVER want to ride with you... lol.

Anyway, as far as modding goes... I agree with everything civicexracer has already said... he beat me to it again! lol, SUSPENSION FIRST!!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 08:50 AM
HCF Member

HE didn't say he wants it on the track. He said he wants it on the street for fellow "ricers" who rev there motors.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: 94civichatchback

ORIGINAL: jpnolan

tell me i didnt read that right 4" lowering springs dont do more than 2" or your tires will be worn out ina month but ya id say head unit subs + amp + speakers if you do those first you will love your car while your doing the other mods

thats why they sell camber kits.
u'll still have camber with a 4" drop and camber kit. going that low, u'll need to have negative camber so ur tires fit inside the fenderwell without rubbing, wheel offset and tire size pretty much get thrown out the window because u will rub. this will also limit grip since less tire is in contact with the ground, for drag racing u dont want alot of negative camber.

as for stripping the car, again, ur not losing any time. the interior parts like seats, panels, etc all out would come out to like 100lbs, that equals like what, a hundredth of a second down the 1/4 mile? ur not gena feel that...ur best off losing unsprung weight with lightweight wheels andlightweight lug nutswhich will make a slightly better difference.

but then what if a fellow rice burner starts reving at a stop light? And all I have is my DD car
then dont race him. u'd be more of a ricer for giving into his lame revving...

Old 12-15-2007, 12:28 PM

but then what if a fellow rice burner starts reving at a stop light? And all I have is my DD car

then dont race him. u'd be more of a ricer for giving into his lame revving...
Eh true.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

Just rev back but don't race them, watch them take off like a d-bag and you just accel like normal when the light turns green. That is more fun than actually racing them, expecialy if I cop is around.