Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Installing Air Conditioning

Old 09-19-2006, 11:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Installing Air Conditioning

Did you try just to jack up the engine somewhere close to that place? should work

Old 09-20-2006, 08:38 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Misha

Did you try just to jack up the engine somewhere close to that place? should work
Thought about it. But I want to make sure that the body doesn't fall on me either! hahaha!!!

Old 09-20-2006, 09:25 AM
HCF Member

that ac belt is suppose to go around the idler pulley (because cars are not designed to move the ac compressor on its mount).
there is a nut on the front of the idler pulley. loosen that - should take about a 14 mm closed end wrench (on mine, cannot get a socket into that area). Now, look down the top of the idler pulley and you will see a 10 mm bolt head. probably need a long extension and using a socket turn that bolt counter-clockwise so to move the idler pulley downward and thus it takes the tension off the belt.
reversal of the procedure is how you put the belt on.

hope this helps.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:58 PM
HCF Member

I get what your sayin' and I have got the idler pulley off. My problem is putting the belt on with that part that's in the way (it's circled in the attached pics). I'm gonna jack it up and try and wing it here in a few minutes. I'll let ya'll know how it went later tonight or tomorrow! Wish me luck!!!
Well, I got EVERYTHING under the hood of the old car into the new car! Ran all the piping, figured out how to get the belt off/on, and am just waiting on a good day to get the interior parts into the new car! I've been takin' a LOT of pictures, so I can make a DIY once I finish... It'll be a while before I do that, but it's gonna be VERY detailed! NEway, just an update. I'll post again when there's something worthwhile to post!

Old 07-18-2008, 09:04 PM

alright.. im a stright noob... and im new to the honda forum aswell as to working on my own honda.. i just started rip[ing my ac out... i just need to know how i take out the last rails that go into the interior to the car.. do i just leave themout and open or do i plug them up....i need alot of help...

Old 07-18-2008, 10:18 PM

this thread is OLD. try starting your own thread for better results with responses.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member

If you're trying to save that last ounce of weight, remove the interior parts. Take the glove box off its hinges, take the reinforcer bar behind the glove box out, take the A/C box out, and replace it with a straight duct made for the non-A/C version of the car.

Plug up all the ports if you expect to reuse the parts later.