Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing an Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Default Installing an Antenna

How do I install a new Antenna on a 95 civic.... the mechanic wanted to charge $70 so i decided to try and do it on my own.

Old 11-07-2005, 04:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Installing an Antenna

do you have a aftermarkit deck?..if so, you go buy one of thos antennas that you stick on the inside of your car to your front window and it plugs into the back of your deck were you would plug the antenna connection in, and you just hide the wire through the back and up the a piller and then sick it to your window..the time to do it is like 10 minints

Old 11-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Default RE: Installing an Antenna

If you already bought it there are a couple ways of doing it.

For both ways you need to pull your deck out and drop the driver under dash sown. You may also have to pull the metal plate under the dash down that is being held up by 2 10mm bolts.

1) If the old antenna is still there, simply disconnect it from the deck, cut all the connection zip tie thingys that secure it to the car from the deck to the driver side kick panel. Now tape some string or some wire to it, make sure it is long enough string or wire and unscrew the antenna from the roof and pull it out till you get to your fish. Now tape the new antenna connector to the fish running through the a-pillar and go back into the car and pull the new antenna wire back into the car. I bet you can figure out the rest.

2)If the antenna is alread out, you just need to start feeding the wire into the antenna hole on the a-pillar and when you get about as far as to where the fender and a pillar meet it will get stuck. It has to go though a hole in there that is about the size of a quater. You will need to keep trying to push the wire though will you twist it arould like if it were a long drill bit. It will eventually fall though the hole then you have to reach in the kick, behind the fuse box in to a hole that leads into the fender area and find it hanging in there.