Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument Cluster light problems.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 11:11 AM
Default Instrument Cluster light problems.

I have a 2001 Honda civic LX with a manual 5 speed. I decided to change out my dash lights for some Green LED bulbs I purchased on Amazon. The bulbs came with new little black pieces (don't for the life of me know what the hell they are called) as well. I switched them out but didn't use the new black pieces and used the old factory ones.
put it back together and that night when driving and had to turn headlights on, I realized only one was even lighting up and it was one of the gauge lights. Got home and took it back apart and this time, swapped out the little black pieces.
Put it back together and now, only one different bulb was working. I had also realized that my blinkers were both lighting up bright green as well as was the immobilizer light too. So only 4 of them were working.
At this point I searched google and found that leds have a set positive and negative and to try to rotate them 180°. But I tried that for the bulbs not lighting and still no dice.
So basically, all of my warning dash lights, my blinkers, fuel light, and immobilizer are working. Not sure about the cruise control light because I never even use it. The LCD screen with the cars mileage is lit up green as well. But bright headlight indicator does not light. And none of the gauge backlights are working.
No fuses are blown and I am stuck and don't know what to check next.